Tuesday, October 12, 2004

National Novel Writing Month

Thanks to Kerry at webgrits, I think I'm doing this.

NaNoWriMo? Sounds like something Robin Williams would say on Mork & Mindy.

50,000 words in 30 days... that's like... a lot of words each day. I figure I'll try it. Maybe if I can commit to a novel, then I'll eventually be able to commit to a relationship. You think? I remember back in high school, though, I could barely come up with 100 words for a book report. Of course, if I'd ever actually read the book, it might have been slightly easier. But, I digress.

So, it all starts November 1st. I just need a basic plot or just an idea and some lines to start with. That's the hardest part, getting started. Or completing it. Whichever. My main concern is that having to come up with 1666.66666666666666666666666666667 (I think the calculator function is one of Windows most useful accessories) words per day, my blog entries will suffer. ("Well, they can't get much worse!") Who said that?! Anyhow, when I get finished, I can post it here, so you can read 50,000 words of crap, rather than my usual 300 or so per entry. How's that?

OK, I have nineteen days to come up with some semblance of an idea...

"I'm just a blank sheet of paper. This fool's about to write you a letter, to tell you that he's sorry for the way he did you wrong, to ask for your forgiveness for leaving you alone..."

1 comment: