Thursday, January 05, 2006
Thursday Thirteen: 2005
Thirteen memories from 2005, in no particular order...
1. My trip to California in October.
2. Flying for the first time ever, to California.
3. Getting my first massage. (And my second. Third. Fourth...) I'll never forget her... I mean, them.
4. My first-ever Festivus party.
5. Gettin out da hood, and moving to my new fastidious bachelor pad.
6. Going to see Jerry Seinfeld in concert for the second time.
7. Welcomed a new addition to my family, Pablo Picasso. (Thus named because he had no ears. Should have actually been named Van Gogh. But whatever. It makes for a good story.)
8. Going to the beach in May to see that things were not "back to normal" in Gulf Shores. Nothing says beach like jackhammers right outside your window all night long. Thanks again, Bob Riley.
9. Being there to watch Bama crush Florida 31-3. Roll Tide!
10. Being there to watch Bama beat Tennessee. Again, Roll Tide!
11. Going to the George Strait concert in January.
12. Trading in my truck for a car.
13. Getting a new computer. The blog entry that changed my life.
PS: I know at least a couple of my readers are very happy about Texas winning the national championship last night. Congratulations! And today's lyric is in honor of the 'Horns.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
3. Interstellar Lass
8. (leave your link in the comments, and I'll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
"Before you lose your accent, and forget all about the Lonestar State. There's a seat for you at the rodeo and I've got every slow dance saved. Besides, the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway..."