Sunday, January 16, 2005

George Strait Concert




The concert Friday night was a lot of fun. Our seats were not too bad. They were on the lower level, 15th row. I tried to get some pics, but we were a little too far to get very good ones. Here is about the best one I got (click to enlarge):


That's George in the yellow... or is that Buddy Jackson ;-)

Here is the set list, best I can remember:

Set list from the George Strait concert on Friday, January 15, 2005, at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center. (Not in order, except for the first song and the encore section)

The Fireman
Run
Amarillo By Morning
Check Yes Or No
When Did You Stop Loving Me
Heartland
Tell Me Something Bad About Tulsa
Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind
She'll Leave You With A Smile
Blue Clear Sky
Somewhere In Texas??? (never heard it before)
Take Me Back To Tulsa
Milk Cow Blues
I Hate Everything
I Can Still Make Cheyenne
My Life's Been Grand
Cowboys Like Us
The Best Day
Honk If You Honky Tonk
Murder On Music Row
Stars On The Water
Unwound

Encore:
Living And Living Well
Folsom Prison Blues
The Cowboy Rides Away

[+/-]more/done

"If there's a plane or a bus leavin' Dallas, I hope you're on it. If there's a train movin' fast down the tracks, I hope you caught it. Cos I swear, out there ain't where, you oughta be..."

1 comment:

  1. Great concert review. George Straight is one that I haven't seen yet, but he's on my list.

    ReplyDelete