Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm in blog heaven!

Well, the new computer came in yesterday. (Dude, I got a Dell.) I had an attempted delivery sticker on the door when I got home from work, so I got on the phone to UPS. Eventually, I got the driver's cell phone number, and he actually came back by around 6:30 and delivered it. Can't beat that. What can brown do for you? Got everything up and running last night. So, needless to say, I will not be leaving the house for awhile, except to go to work. It's weird to have a computer that doesn't rattle and make clicking noises. Weird, I say.

Lesson Learned #1367: Don't put wax paper in the oven
I learned this one over the weekend. Funny how you can live 32 years and never come across that morsel of knowledge. Eh, it's always good to smoke up the apartment every so often. Sort of like a natural fumigation, I guess. Or at least like an impromptu fire drill. Or not a drill at all.

Adventures in Schweatyville
So I have a bad habit of eating a mid-morning snack, everyday, usually consisting of something sweet and a soft drink. So I'm eating some M&M's and drinking a Coke yesterday, when Big Sweaty says to me, "What are you doing, man? Why do you do that? You're killing yourself." Ooooooh Nooooo! I know he just di-unt! Let's step back (get a wide mirror) and assess the situation here. Which one of us has the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy? And which one us looks like he belongs in a production of Weebles On Ice? Now, that's better.

The Seven
Nothing more to blog today. So I'll share some dialogue from "The Seven" episode of Seinfeld, which was on last night:
Kramer: I can't eat that. You can't eat a sandwich without dijon.
Jerry: Yeah, you're right. I really should keep more of your favorites on hand.
Kramer: I'm getting a vibe here. Are you unhappy with our arrangement?
Jerry: What arrangement?
Kramer: Well, I was under the impression that I could take anything I wanted from your fridge, and you could take whatever you want from mine.
Jerry: Yeah, well let me know when you get something in there and I will.

Jerry: Is this your half a can of soda in the fridge?
Kramer: Nope, that's yours. My half is gone.
Jerry: What?
Kramer: Yeah, I put my half a can here on the tab. Why, what's your beef?
Jerry: You cannot buy half a can of soda.
Kramer: Well, why not?
Jerry: Well, I don't wanna get into the whole physics of carbonation here, but you know the sound a can makes when you open it? That is the sound of you buying a whole can. And the same goes for this, OK? When you pierce the skin of a piece of fruit, you've bought the whole fruit. Not a third of an apple, not a half of a banana. You bite it, you bought it.

Kramer: Hey, Jerry, if you're gonna be snacking on these, you can't expect me to pay for the whole box.
Jerry: All right, Hobo Joe. I didn't wanna put a damper on your little smorgasbord here, but it's the end of the week, so I added up your tab.
Kramer: Yikes!
Jerry: I know. Pretty steep.
Kramer: Well, I don't have this kind of cash.
Jerry: Few do.

"She wrecked the car and she was sad, and so afraid that I'd be mad, but what the heck..."

15 comments:

  1. "taut, pre-teen Swedish boy"
    ...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

    You have my attention... and lost it for the remainder of your blog...

    Congrats on your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly... what the hell is a weeble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lass: Hmm. Well, maybe I should say not-far-removed from a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.

    I pretty much just took the money I would have spent on dates for the past couple of months and used it for a new computer ;-)

    OC Girl: Thanks... I think :-P

    Robyn: A Weeble is a small egg-shaped toy, weighted heavier on the bottom so that they wouldn't fall over. Their slogan was "they weeble and they wobble but they won't fall down." They were probably most popular in the seventies. There was a Weeble family, with Weeble cars and Weeble houses. You could construct an entire Weeble village! They were great.

    Dea: Thank ya :-)

    Java: They're mentioned on Seinfeld:

    "Last night, I found an entire Weeble village right behind the Easy Bake Oven."

    Please someone else tell me they know what a Weeble is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you share your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lass: OK, good. I'm glad to know someone else has heard of them. Now I feel better about my future post discussing the Sit 'n Spin :-)

    OC Girl: Only with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah.. I know what a Weeble is. Sadly, I was around when that toy was en vogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned a valuable oven lesson recently. See, I make these sticky buns...they are the bomb! I will even share the recipe, they're easy. Anyway, the butter and sugar dripped onto the bottom of the oven and thusly turned into a small inferno. So, what do I do? I take a glass of water....o.k. DON'T EVER DO THAT!

    Second part of this comment is, I was looking at a travel magazine once. There was a guy looking over my shoulder at the mag too. He's relatively disgusting...greasy hair, gut that hangs to...well below his belt and glasses he probably got in about 5th grade. And he proceeds to tell me about the time when he was in Hawaii and how these women had the NERVE to wear BIKINIS on the beach. And, I'm thinking...and you were where on the beach to see this and you were wearing what porkchop? I think of this story every time I pass him in the hall at work with his belly just a jiggling away. Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what a Weeble is. There's a bunch where I work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally, some more weeblelievers (I just made that up).

    Nice visual, Carnealian. Please share your sticky buns recipe.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    OK, now I might have to do a whole entry on childhood toys... Merlin. Rock Em Sock Em Robots. Lite Brite. My Buddy. Shrinky Dinks. Magic 8 Ball.

    All signs point to YES!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time try plastic containers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to love my magic 8 ball, I still have it. I must find it! Here's more...Etch-a-Sketch, Don't Break the Ice, Don't Spill the Beans, Kerplunk. OMG I love these games!!

    Here's the Sticky Bun recipe:
    Need: Frozen bread (I have found in some of the southern states, this cannot be found, only biscuits are in the store. They work too.) Cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar and a stick of butter.

    Spray a pan (with high sides) with cooking spray.
    In the bottom of the pan, you can put raisins, nuts, orange peel, whatever you like) This will be the top of the buns
    Thaw one loaf of bread
    Cut thawed bread into pieces and put into pan
    Melt stick of butter with 1/2 cup of brown sugar
    Pour over bread pieces
    Sprinkle white sugar on top (as much or as little as you like)
    Sprinkle cinnamon on top (as much or as little as you like)
    The bread must now rise for 8 hours

    I usually make them the night before. Or round the holidays, I put them all together and deliver to friends and neighbors so they can have sticky buns on Xmas a.m.!

    After the bread rises, bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees. Eat them warm! Dear God, they are heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. carnealian: Thanks. Now we can all have delicious, sticky buns. Cinnamon! Mmmmm.

    "People love cinnamon. It should be on tables at restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime anyone says, 'Oh, this is so good. What's in it?' The answer invariably comes back, Cinnamon. Cinnamon. Again and again."

    crys: Perhaps there's a weeble website.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, apparently, there's a whole new generation of weebles. Check them out here: http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/weebles/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weawwy? I thought you typed weebies, but I wasn't sure. I don't know what a weebie is either :-)

    ReplyDelete