Thursday, January 19, 2006
Thursday Thirteen: Numero Seis
Thirteen lessons and discoveries from the past week (and other thoughts)...
1. I really like 24. I watched it for the first time Sunday night, partly because Fox was hyping it like a Blue Oyster Cult reunion special or something. Anyhow, I plan on watching it, if I can remember to each week.
2. American Idol also began this week. I honestly don't watch much TV, and especially not reality shows. I can't believe I got into watching it last year. But it can be addictive. Not sure if I'm going to do my weekly AI reviews again this year. As sad as it is, those were the first posts where I started consistently getting more than 3 or 4 comments.
3. Buying a pre-packaged ham & cheese sandwich at a Pilot store off the interstate at 2:00 in the morning just because you haven't eaten anything solid in thirteen hours is not always a good idea.
4. Sometimes friends will not tell you things like "The expiration date on that is 2005" if they think something funny or cool might happen.
5. This is quite possibly the most boring game on the face of the Earth. I'd rather shave my entire body with no shaving cream then bathe in alcohol. If you're at a party, and someone pulls out this game, make up an excuse and flee. Trust me. Fortunately, the Broncos/Pats game was on TV. That was the only thing keeping me from blowing my brains out.
6. Girls who like watching football. And actually know what's going on. That at least doubles their hotness factor to me.
7. I have a friend whose life story has apparently been made into a movie, Failure To Launch. About a guy who lives with his parents way too long. Tag line: "To leave the nest, some men just need a little push." Can't wait until this one comes out.
8. Two words for you: Rocky 6! Perhaps they should rename it Rocky 60, as in Sylvester Stallone's age. I love the Rocky movies. Is that just a guy thing? Kinda like the Three Stooges?
9. One of my favorite Seinfeld bits is Kramer's moviephone thing: "Using your touch-tone keypad, please enter the first three letters of the movie title now... Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you've selected?" Hilarity!
10. I rediscovered an old guilty pleasure of mine this week, playing Scrabble online at games.com. Best words? Internal, fiz, lava, and zoon.
11. I have actually watched part of the World Scrabble Championships on ESPN.
12. I've never bought a gym membership. Perhaps for the same reason I don't have a tattoo. Too much of a commitment.
13. In 3 weeks, and 3 days, I will be 33. And single. Unless something unforeseen occurs :-)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
7. (leave your link in the comments, and I'll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
"Life ain't always beautiful. Some days I miss your smile. And I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles..."