Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Sara Lee, Betty Crocker, Aunt Jemima, Chef Bone...

Happy belated birthday to Bunny! (aka Lil' Booty, the Bunster, or Bunn Bunn) Hard to believe, but the flop-eared one turned 27 yesterday. Oh well, better to be one day late than two days late.

Tuesday was busy after work. Washed my truck, did laundry, waited out the storm, went to the grocery store, tried my hand at baking some chocolate oatmeal cookies. The cookies came out OK, just a tad on the soft side, but my kitchen looks like the inside of the Hershey factory. A word to the wise: Cocoa can be really messy. I guess I should start a collection of all my recipes. (chefbone.blogspot.com?) OK, that's one. I was thinking about trying this cheesy enchilada casserole a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll make that tomorrow night. Seriouslah. Although, I had Mexican for dinner last night. Well, Taco Bell, anyway, whatever you call that.

ESPN began televising the 2004 World Series of Poker last night. Woohoo! I know it's morally reprehensible, but I get addicted to watching it. I mean, it's pretty scary when you start recognizing poker layers on TV and know their names... Jason Lester, Sam Farha, Dan Harrington, Howard Lederer, Phil Ivey, Johnny Chan, Scotty Nguyen, Dutch Boyd, Phil Helmuth, Chris Moneymaker, etc. Oh well. Did I hear them right, that Moneymaker isn't even playing this year?

My absolute favorite commercial is the one with Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf (or Graf-Agassi, I guess now). It starts out with Taylor Dent playing tennis with this little kid. He hits it really easy and the kid rips a couple of hard shots past him. So then he starts hitting it harder and harder and the kid is still beating him. At the end, an SUV pulls up, the window rolls down, and you see Andre and Steffi inside. Andre yells, "You ready to go, buddy?" It's their kid. lol I love that.

Was reminded today of this dialogue from "The Bris."
G: "The pigman can take the bus."
K: "George, if the pigman had a car, he'd give you a ride."
G: "How do you know? What if pigman has a two-seater?"
K: "Be realistic, George." :-D

Some other random funnies:
Bunny (on her trip to the driving range): "All of my shots were hookers."

"What's it look like over there?"
"Like the first day of the flood."
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's lookin' like Mount Ararat out here."

"Help me to remember, girl, if you don't mind, cos I feel just like the jester when the music died. Haven't seen you lately, but I know that nothing's changed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment