Friday, July 16, 2004

Nocturnal Phantasm #704A

While napping yesterday afternoon, I had this mental adventure:

We were going to the Alabama/Auburn football game. When I say we, well, let me clarify. It was me, obviously, and two or three other people. I'm not sure how many, because their identities kept changing. First, it was Shane and Kyle, then it changed to some people I went to high school with, David, Rickey, and Anthony Pointer. Then, at some point, one of the characters was George Costanza. So that was pretty cool. Anyway, the group split up. It seems like everyone else left and I was the only one who actually went to the game. I was looking for a seat. The stadium was open-ended on both ends and there were lots of empty seats. I saw these cute girls sitting together, with an empty seat next to them, so I asked the one on the end if the seat was taken. She said it was, but that the person wouldn't be back for at least thirty minutes. Then, she said, "Is this game almost over?" I said, "No, it's just starting." By that, I figured she knew nothing about football, and therefore chose not to sit by her. I finally found a seat near the end of the stands, but there were these hoodlums and ruffians sitting in the upper deck (which was about as high as the roof of a two story house. They were spilling beer and spraying whipped cream all over people who were walking and sitting below. I managed to avoid all that. Then, at the end of the 3rd quarter, the hoodlums got up in the end zone and led the crowd in some fight song. They did this funky dance to it. I thought, well those guys must not be so bad then. At some point, I lost my cell phone. I hoped that I had left it in the car, which at this point, Anthony was in, driving around somewhere. Then, Michelle Pfeiffer appeared, and we went back to her place. Oh wait, I think that's a different dream ;-)

"She still lives with her mom outside the city, down that street about a half a mile. And all her friends tell her she's so pretty. But she'd be a whole lot prettier, if she smiled once in a while..."

No comments:

Post a Comment