Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Short shorts and primitive pergolas

As I reached the door, I turned around to look at her one final time. I began to think that maybe I was wrong. Maybe we could still work things out. Maybe I was making a mistake. About this time she unleashed a verbal barrage of profanities and a series of obscene gestures directed towards me. It was at this point that I realized I was not making a mistake...

Hello blogophiles! How you iz today? Some guy is outside running over the parking lot with this device to pick up nails and screws. What the crap is that? I've been here for 23 months and this is the first time they have ever done that.

Recapping yesterday... I mowed grass and did laundry. Took a much-needed forty-five minute nap. I assure you I am getting really close to narrowing down the list of the top twenty-five Seinfeld episodes. I figure I'll count down one per day. Of course, if you know me at all, you already know what #1 is going to be.

Got this piece of good news from the fashion world yesterday. Shorts slightly above the knee may be coming back in style for guys. Why is that good news, you ask? Well suddenly, I've gone from like 3 pairs of wearable shorts 7 or 8. Woohoo! Oh man, I knew if I waited long enough, this would eventually happen. If tapered leg jeans ever come back, I may never have to buy clothes again. I think I might just tight roll my jeans tomorrow to celebrate.

Jessica #1 IM'd me yesterday. She is apparently going to Kuwait in a few weeks to teach or something. Wow. I assure you that you will not catch my skinny white civilian tail over there, unless it involves military duty. Talked to Jonathan about calling some games. He said the season ends in just a few weeks, but he is supposed to talk to the director about next year. Also said there was an apt. open in his complex. Much more energy efficient than my primitive lean-to-like pergola. The only thing is they're just one bedroom. I currently have a two bedroom. Of course, as Jerry says in "The Robbery", why do I need two bedrooms? I got enough trouble maintaining activity in one. I'm really not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Something brought this Seinfeld dialogue to mind...
Emily: And you scream in your sleep.
Kramer: I do? There was a man. He was trying to get into my apartment
last night. He was jiggling the doorknob for twenty-five minutes.
Emily: Come on, it was probably the wind.
Kramer: No, no, no. It was a fearless cat burglar.

"I'm fifteen for a moment, caught in between ten and twenty. And I'm just dreaming, counting the ways to where you are. I'm twenty-two for a moment. She feels better than ever, and we're on fire, makin' our way back from Mars..."

No comments:

Post a Comment