Thursday, May 06, 2004

The End of Something...

Stealing the title of a Hemingway short story...

Well that was actually nice. No big surprises. A few laughs. Nothing too profound. Just nice. I think it is important to leave a good feeling in the minds of fans. That is something that Cheers did. Something that Seinfeld failed to do. Just leave everyone with a nice, warm feeling that even though the show will not be coming on anymore, somewhere these characters' lives go on, just as they always have. Why is it so important to 50 million people that Ross and Rachel be together? I do not know. It just is. And that is OK. There is nothing wrong with giving people a good feeling, even if it comes from something that in the big scheme of things, isn't all that important. Right?

It was pretty sentimental, I guess. Maybe that is why Seinfeld ended like it did. There was never a single, serious, make you say "awww" moment in the entire series. So it made no since to change that for the finale. They kept showing the promos for the Frasier finale next week. Like I said in the earlier post, this feels like more than the end of Friends and Frasier. It feels like the end of something more. I guess when a show is popular for several years, it becomes a small part of people's lives. Eh, I hate change. Why can't things stay the way they are for very long? "Sometimes I wish change would just leave well enough alone..."

Now, I guess I am going to watch Leno to top off this night of Friends. Let me get this straight, Leno is filmed in the afternoon, so really, this is filmed before the finale aired right? Hmm. The Black Eyed Peas are performing on here. Shouldn't it be The Rembrandts? I think that would be better. Definitely a little sad to see the friends go.

I'll leave you with a funny from the highlights tonight, when Rachel was telling Ross she was pregnant:
Rach: "Condoms only work like 97% of the time."
Ross: "What?! Well they should put that on the box."
Rach: "They do."
Ross: "No, they don't!!" (gets up and goes to get a box) "Well they should put it in huge black letters!" ROFL

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way. Your job's a joke. You're broke. Your lovelife's DOA. Feels like you're always stuck in second gear. When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year. I'll be there for you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment