Thursday, May 20, 2004

The Retching Bachelor

Me? Capricious? Of course not. I mean sure, there may have been one or two occasions in the past when I may have reacted in an impulsive or somewhat immature manner, but those days are well behind me... G. Costanza in "The Stand-In"

Not a lot going on. I ran by to get my oil changed today. (Yes, I still get mad at myself because I don't do that at home anymore.) Also went to have the tires rotated. Rick insisted on doing it for free. He is a really good person. People like that just brighten your day. Speaking of good people, Jonathan said yesterday that Barbara is home, but she's having to go a couple of times a week now to get chemo.

Walked into the front office today at work and the secretary was sitting there talking to her monitor. ROFL It looked like she was hitting either delete or backspace repeatedly with her right hand, and pointing at the screen with her left hand, and I heard her say, "I don't want you up there. Get off there." It was quite funny. I said, "Talking to your computer again? Looks like someone's ready for a vacation day."

What is the deal with chicks and reality shows? There's a research project right there. I went by to see my sister last night and she was watching The Bachelor. That one girl (who didn't get chosen) was puking all over the place. ("Puke, that's a funny word. Can I use that?") Anyway, Dad can't hear, so they keep the closed captioning on their big TV, and when she was throwing up, the closed captioning said "retching" in parentheses. I thought that was funny, too. I bet the CC person has a sense of humor. Anyway, I'm apparently no fun to watch reality shows with, because I'm continually making fun. Like when the guy was saying all this mushy crap, I was like, "Well, I'm about to be retching myself if he keeps this up much longer." And what is the deal with them not getting married? Now, I'm far, far, far from a reality show expert, but I thought the whole idea was that this guy picked a wife from these fifty women or whatever. Last night, he was telling Jessica that he chose her, and he said, "I'm not ready to propose yet." Then what was the point of the show? Might as well bring back the dating game. That's like Regis saying, "Sorry, but we're not ready to give you a million dollars yet. Here's a plane ticket to New York and five hundred bucks." Sorry, hope my little rant doesn't turn off my female readers ;-)

Well, it's nice out today. I think I'm going to go do something outside.

"I hate comin' home to this old broken down apartment. I wish I had a dime for every hole that's in the carpet. I don't want it all, but I ain't got enough..."

No comments:

Post a Comment