Friday, May 21, 2004

I need my nail clippers!

Blogging away while somebody somewhere is wondering why, when you're playing hangman, you always draw a smiley face on the man...

Here's a little humorous true story that happened yesterday (at least I hope you'll find it humorous)...

I was chatting online with Jessica yesterday and IM'd her that if she found a pair of nail clippers at her house, they were mine, because apparently I'd left mine over there. So, after work yesterday, I go by CVS to get a couple of cards and also pick up a new pair of nail clippers. Then, I ran by her place for a few minutes yesterday and she was like, "There are your clippers" and pointed to the coffee table. So the conversation continued...
Me: "Well I already bought another pair today."
Her: "What all are you clipping? You leave your nail clippers here and the very next day you go out and buy a new pair?"
Me: "Well... uh... yeah. I don't like for my nails to get long. Then I have to bite them and they look like a beaver has been gnawing at them."

Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. Otherwise, I went running yesterday. Came to town and K and I went to The Brick to shoot pool. They had recarpeted the floors and the tables weren't exactly level, so that was interesting. Had to learn to use the slope. Hopefully, they will get them correctly adjusted and settled within the next week or two. Watched a little bit of the Pistons/Nets game on the TV up there. Glad Detroit won.

Kelli comes over and brings our menus at Applebees and I'm like, "Oh man, new menus! This is the most exciting thing to happen to me in the past two weeks!"

"Did you watch Oprah today?"

"I alone am the one you don't know you need. You don't know you need me. Make me blind when you're eyes close. Tie me to the bedpost..."

2 comments:

  1. So is leaving your nail clippers at a girl's house a sign of commitment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just a sign of getting old ;-)

    ReplyDelete