Friday, May 28, 2004

Cops... on location?

I found this to be an interesting statistic: Every two hours, a person or a vehicle is hit by a train. Geesh, with odds like that, I may as well go park my truck on the train track right now, and just sit and wait.

Yesterday, we were eating lunch downtown in the second floor of this restaurant. So we see this cop car zoom by on the street below, and then a guy takes off running across the street. Someone jokes, "There he goes. He's getting away." Then some chubby cop on foot comes running after the guy. So we had a bird's-eye view of the whole episode. The fugitive runs into this tree-lined ridge, climbs a fence, crosses some train tracks, and we lose sight of him. The chubby cop runs out of breath (no lie.. how pathetic). So this other cop car pulls up and he gets in that car. I don't know if they ever caught the guy, but we saw two or three more cops on foot and probably four or five more cars. I was just thinking, I can see if they really were on "Cops", the camera would be following the chubby cop on the foot chase, then suddenly, he'd stop and you'd see the guy getting farther and farther away. That would be funny.

Anyway, that was our small-town excitement for yesterday. I still haven't heard what the guy did or if they ever caught him. Last night, my sister and I went to see my little 5-year-old cousin play t-ball. That is some entertainment right there. They are sooo cute. One little boy didn't have his glove on half the game. He was picking up dirt and putting in his glove right in the middle of the game. My cousin got on base both times she batted. Two infield singles. LOL Afterwards, several of us went to Cracker Barrell for dinner. As usual, the service was crappy. The food was OK. I LOVE Cracker Barrell, but the one here is the worst I have ever eaten at. Come to think of it, that seems to happen to a lot of restaurants that come here. Some cutie working there spoke to me as I was coming out of the bathroom. So naturally, I pretended not to hear her. What? :-D I was singing happy birthday to my cousin and she was getting tickled and saying it wasn't her birthday. Then, she started singing happy birthday to everyone at the table. On our way home, my sister took me by to see their house. Just about everything is done on it, I think. They bought an old, run-down house and have had it fixed up. It really looks like a brand new house, especially on the inside. That was the first time I have seen it. I can't believe my sister is getting married in less than two months!!!

Got home about 10:45. I overslept bad, no, I mean, BAD, this morning. Got to work about an hour and a half late. That's OK. That just means a six-and-a-half-hour-day for me ;-) Hope everyone has as happy and safe holiday weekend. We have to work Monday :-(

"I'm gonna get fired, if I don't get some sleep. My long lost buddies say I'm gettin' in too deep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment