Sunday, May 09, 2004

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers who read my blog... if there are any.

Last night was a really blessed night. After work, I said a short prayer on my way home. I won't go into great detail, but I have no doubt it was answered. It is really amazing and very humbling when that happens.

Shane and Mel were in town from Nashville yesterday, so they headed this way and I met them at the steak house for dinner last night. Shane and I were talking about everything from LMV to radio to music to DJing to weddings. So as we were getting ready to leave, this guy sitting behind us was like, "Excuse me, did I overhear you say you filmed events?" You could just see Shane's ears and eyes perk up. Looks like they may well have gotten a gig filming a private school graduation later this month. It was neat to see how all that developed. As we were leaving, he asked if I might be interested in editing some videos. I told him of course I would, since it looks like they are going to be pretty busy this summer. Always try to help friends out. One stipulation: I'd have to get a new computer. I'm not sure how well all that would work on my 400 mhz, 64mb RAM dream machine. Anyhow, I'm not sure how serious he was about that, but we'll see.

Shane asked if I had heard from Bobbie (as he is prone to do), which eventually led to this funny:
M: "So you do want to get back with her?"
S: "I'll answer that. Yes!"
Me (laughing): "That's going in my blog."

As Jessica and I were going to Wal-Mart yesterday, I had been listening to this Coast to Coast AM radio show with Art Bell. (K got me started listening to that.) Well, we got in the truck and it came on and she's like, "What are you listening to? You're such an old man." So she immediately reaches to change the dial (as she is prone to do), and realizes it's on AM. She's like, "Oh my gosh, it's AM!! Make it stop!!" So I had to switch it to FM. That was funny.

Looks like we're doing Mothers Day activities this evening after church, as my sister has to work today, I think. I'm really getting used to having no air. It's like a 24-hour sauna in here. You know, I should make a list of the top ten things about having no AC. For one, it motivates you to spend more time outside.

"But in her darkest hour, Bobby Darwin's daughter sees that she was wrong, about where God came from, and that He's been here all along..."

No comments:

Post a Comment