Tuesday, May 04, 2004

RBA (Random Bloggage Alert) {amended}

Funny conversation today:

Me: "Hello."
K :"Hey. What's going on?"
Me: "Not much."
K: "I'm just trying out my new phone."
Me: "You bought a phone?"
K: "Hello? Can you hear me?"
Me: "Hello?"
K: "Hello?"
Me: "Hello?"
(end call)

New Sanyo VM4500 video phone: $350
300 daytime minutes per month: $30
Realizing you just shelled out that much money and your reception sucks: Priceless
(Those little Master Card ripoffs never become antiquated.)

Washed the truck today. In the process of doing laundry. That's about as fun as watching Keanu Reeves' greatest movie moments. Went for a run this afternoon. I measured out a nice 2.1 mile course. Took about 18 minutes today. I wasn't going for speed, but still, I need to improve on that. Sometimes when I run, I close my eyes and pretend I am running thru Central Park, and there are hotties everywhere. Then people start honking so I have to open my eyes and get back over to the side of the road.

There is a nice little two-lane road I take on my way to and from work, and part of it is almost completely shaded by overhanging trees. I was thinking today it was kinda like driving thru a tropical rain forest... except with a paved road and no pesky tsetse flies. What?

Random TV theme song... "Charles in charge of our days and our nights. Charles in charge of our wrongs and our rights. And I see, I want, I want, Charles in charge of me..."

Got news the other day that I may get a chance to play in a mud volleyball tournament for charity later this year. I played in one of those about ten years ago, it seems. It was maybe the most fun I've ever had, seriouslah. Of course, I'm a different man now... with a different body. But I hope I get to play. It will still be fun, and for a good cause.

Dinner at the steak house tonight. Saw Jack's brother and his wife and kids up there. Ran into one of my sister's friends, as well. That's why I hate eating out in this town. (j/k) The other night at the Mexican place, I saw Kirk and his family, Kim and her boyfriend, Ann, and David Marsh. Wow. K mentioned that LMV is going to be pretty busy over the next 5-6 months and I should get a chance to film quite a bit and make some extra money. That'll be nice.

Tomorrow is my one-year Blogiversary.

"Photograph... I don't want your photograph. I don't need your photograph. All I've got is a photograph, but it's not enough..."

No comments:

Post a Comment