Wednesday, May 19, 2004

In Training?

This is a story I have been meaning to recount. Maybe some of you can provide some insight as to what any of this means...

I stopped by Jessica's one day after work and she was in the shower when I got there. So she said I could go on in the living room and watch TV. Well, I had it on ESPN or something, naturally, and after a few minutes, she comes in there and sits on the love seat. Keep in mind, she never says one word word about the TV. Yet almost instinctively, when she sits down, I pick up the remote and switch it to MTV, which is the channel she always asks me to turn to when I have the remote, and which I basically never watch. Never said a word. I just subconsciously picked up the remote and changed the channel. Hmph. Do you women take some sort of behavior altering classes or something?

"Little darling, it's been a long, cold, lonely winter. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right..."

3 comments:

  1. You must really like this gal...and respect her (and her likes and dislikes). It's not so much that we take behavior modification classes - it's ingrained in us, but rarely does it actually work the way we want it to. Good job to you for learning so quickly.

    Now if only I could get my guy to mow the lawn by walking onto the back deck......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?... Mow the yard? No one does that on their own anymore.

    You're supposed to hire some one to do it for you. That's what nearly all of my single friends do.

    I'm all about paying someone $30, if it saves me the trouble of (1) having to actually go buy a lawnmower, weedeater/edger, and blower (2) having to have a place to store all that (3) taking the time to lug it all out and make sure it's all properly functioning (4) do all the work (5) put all the stuff back (6) get extremely dirty in the process....

    I'd like to spend those 2 hours of my life on a Saturday afternoon doing something else.

    What exactly, I don't know... but something.

    ReplyDelete