Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Hosny Mubarak and the Cincinnati Reds

Sometimes, when things are flowing smoothly, the sun is shining, my surroundings are calm and peaceful, I think, "So this must be what it feels like to be Hosny Mubarak." Life is good, my house is in order, my people are happy, and troubles are all someplace else...

I don't want to jinx anything, even though this probably will, but have you noticed the Reds are in first place? They have the best record in the NL, and even if it's only for a day, it's still nice. I have been keeping up. Just haven't said anything, cos I didn't want to jinx them. So naturally, they will probably lose tonight and then everyone in Cincinnati will hate me. OK, I am going to a game this year. Just have to find someone to go. A Reds game and a day at King's Island. That would be a nice weekend getaway, doncha think? (If you read my original AOL blog, you'll see I lamented over this a few times last year, but never made it up there.)

Jessica's Mom cooked dinner last night, so we went over there and ate with her parents. It was good.

(insert related Seinfeld dialogue here)
Elaine: "Mmm. Deelish."
Puddy: "Delish?"
Elaine: "Delish. You know, short for delicious."
Puddy: "Oh, like scrump."
Elaine: "Yeah."

It's not real often that the bachelor gets to enjoy a home-cooked meal, so that is always a treat. I remember when I was younger, and living at home, Mom or Dad would always cook, and I'd always beg to eat out. Now, it's just the opposite. I'm sick of eating out. Very similar to taking naps. Hated it then, would die to take one now. We watched part of About Schmidt over there. I have never seen that movie in my life, but when he was coming back from the post office, I was like, "His wife will be dead." Sure enough, she was. What a call! It was sort of a melancholy movie. (Can melancholy be an adjective? How many times can melancholy be used in one blog post?) I think it brings about introspection. And as we all know, that is never a good thing. What? Let's keep everything on the surface, where it's safe. If we dig too deep, we'll all be eating arsenic stew for lunch tomorrow.

"Hey ladies in the place I'm callin' out to ya. There never was a city kid truer and bluer. There's more to me than you'll ever know, and I got more hits than Sadaharu Oh..."

3 comments:

  1. That was the last movie Ginny and I saw before the breakup.

    Oddly, or not so oddly, it was also the first movie we saw together.

    ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL. Good one, man. Guess it caused HER to do some introspection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I tried it that way before. Didn't work. Wasn't close enough.

    ReplyDelete