Monday, May 10, 2004

Nocturnal Phantasm #504B

Dreams... lucid dreams... why you punish me?

Well I dreamed I was back in high school last night, as I am prone to do from time to time. To start out, my teacher was one of my college computer professors. Then, in the midst of the dream, he turned into Gabe Kaplan, or more likely, Mister Kotter. I guess it was some sort of math class, and apparently I had skipped the entire semester and was planning to just show up for the final and pass the class (as I was prone to do... what?). So anyway, there are a bunch of very complex greater/lesser than problems and equations and I can't figure any of them out. I can almost remember the format of the questions, but not quite. The class starts at like 4:00 PM and everyone is done by like 4:45. I still haven't figured out the first question. I've written down a few answers, but keep erasing them, because they're wrong. Alicia Johnson is in the class and tries to help me. Then, the professor tells me I can finish the exam in his office, but not to let any other teachers or students see me. (My recollection of the dream begins to get hazy here...) For some reason, I go to the bathroom in the 7th grade hall of my middle school. There are a couple of people I know in there, but I can't recall who they are now. That's all I can remember.

So, let's see, in the past couple of weeks, I've dreamed about Lance Armstrong, Gabe Kaplan. You see the pattern here? OK, well, me neither. Why can't I dream about Charlize Theron or something?

"Can you teach me about tomorrow, with all the pain and sorrow running free? And tomorrow's just another day. And I don't believe in time, wasted, time, walking. Time, you ain't no friend of mine..."

No comments:

Post a Comment