Monday, May 31, 2004

Dr. Drake Ramoray's Weekend Recap

It was stormy here last night. I had this thought: Somewhere at this moment some redneck couple is probably conceiving right about now, and they are going to name their child Stormy.

After Saturday morning's excitement, I slept 'til nearly Noon. Went out to eat with Jessica's parents and sister Saturday night. Someone mentioned Dead Lobster. I was thinking, "Oh crap, please no." Fortunately, they decided on Ruby Tuesday. After that, we were going to Point Mallard to watch the hot air balloons, but ended up getting caught in traffic for about 50 minutes. It's not quite the same seeing the hot-air balloons in their little trailers, exiting the park, as you are sitting at a standstill in traffic. That's when I knew it was time to go. So we never even got parked there. Went to TCBY. On the way there, we passed this house with two police cars in the driveway and their lights flashing and everything, and I was like, "That looks familiar." The girl who dipped my cone at TCBY had a light blue bracelet on, for those of you who know what that means. Personally, I have no idea. Then we had a nice competitive game of putt-putt at Golf Shores. Kim Phuong apparently didn't recognize me, so we didn't get a discount or anything. I did end up being crowned golf champ, unceremoniously as it may have been. Went to K-Mart for the first time since the Martha Stewart scandal broke. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any "Free Martha" t-shirts. I guess she's no James Brown.

A pretty typical Sunday followed. Ate dinner last night at the original Greenbrier. It was my first time there. I had always gone to the new one. TVLand was having a 48-hour Cheers marathon, which made me happier than a 10-year-old kid at Neverland ranch. What? Although I didn't realize it was on until last night, so I only got to see a couple of episdoes. Man, I love that show. One of the eps I saw was where Sam gets Kevin McHale to play for Cheers against Gary's Old Town Tavern. I think one of my favorites of all time is the one where Cliff and Norm are discussing how many bolts are in the floor at the Boston Garden, and they eventually get McHale obsessed with it, too. And the one where Cliff goes on Jeopardy. ROFL "Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?"

"I'm nothing but a loser. I'm no good for anything."
"Oh, that's OK Cliff. We understand."
"I can't believe I lost on Jeopardy."
"Oh... you were on Jeopardy?" :-D

Ended up watching the storms until they had passed thru, so I pretty much didn't get to sleep until 1:00 or so.

Lots of weekend funnies:
D: "I saw Rick Springfield in concert!!" (waving her arms in the air)
J: "There's something you don't hear everyday."
D: "He was Doctor Noah Gray on General Hospital?"
K: "What? Did you say Doctor Drake Ramoray?"
D: "No, that was Joey on Friends."

"Sam Cassell is the ugliest NBA player since Patrick Ewing. Look at him. If he was green he would look like an alien."

J: "Man, gas is so freakin' expensive."
K: "Exactly. That's why I don't date girls anymore."
J: "Well, that's not the main reason."

"Where's your TCBY slip cover?"

K: "Then we had to head back down to the tabernacle or synagogue, or whatever it's called."
J: "Oh man, that sounds like fun. A night at the 'gogue."

Well, I guess I'm gonna go watch the Lakers/T-wolves.

"Makin' your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Takin' a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name..."

No comments:

Post a Comment