Monday, May 10, 2004

The C Word

Putting the usual meaningless minutiae on hold for a bit...

Jonathan informed me yesterday that Barbara went to the doctor and they found some cancer. I don't know much more than that. He said they weren't planning to do surgery, just chemo and medicine. She is sooo sweet, good as gold. Better. I spent a lot of time over at their house when I was younger, and I just love her to death. Oddly, I saw her for the first time in a year or more just a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, she was still in the hospital, as of yesterday. I don't know for how long. I know some of you know the family. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated, I'm sure.

I hate cancer. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!! I had a dream last night that I went to see her, and that she was really weak and stuff. Why can't we find a cure or do more to prevent it? I guess that a lot of cases can be treated successfully. It's just a terrible thing. I hope she will be OK. Of course, look at me. I didn't even participate in the relay for life Friday. What am I doing? Nothing. I'm pathetic. Selfish. Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment