Wednesday, May 05, 2004

One Year Anniversary

Uno de enero, dos de febrero, tres de marzo, quatro de abril. Cinco de mayo, seis de junio, siete de julio, san fermin. Faa la la la la la la...

Well, it was one year ago today, May 5, 2003, that upon the urging of Kyle, I began to blog. To commemorate, I thought I would reprint that scintillating first entry. So, without further adieu, here she be:
----------------------------------
- 2003 MAY 5 MON (8:45 AM) -

Well, another Monday, and I'm back at work. Didn't do much Sunday. Watched the NBA playoffs. Neither team I was for ended up winning. Watched "RED DRAGON" over the weekend. That's pretty good. I feel fully recovered from my bout with STREP THROAT last week. Got some antibiotics last Wednesday. Be watching for me on TV next Monday and Tuesday, May 12-13. The BILLIARDS TOURNAMENT we attended is going to be on ESPN2. I'll be sitting behind the table, in the second row, underneath the "N" in the huge ESPN banner. Hopefully you'll be able to spot me. I was wearing the navy and gray shirt which I'm wearing in the picture with ALLISON on the main page.

"I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see a different side of me. I'm not crazy I'm just a little impaired. I know right now you don't care. But soon enough you're gonna think of me, and how I used to be."
----------------------------------

Hemingway it was not. But from small things great things one day come. Or something. You think the past year has flown by, but in a way it seems like longer than a year since we watched Red Dragon. I used to capitalize key words and events. Funny, I was talking about the WPBA tournament being on last year, too. And yes, the lyrics have been there from the start. Hopefully, the posts have improved in some way. Did I think I'd be blogging for a year? No. Have I thought of quitting? Not really. Sometimes I wonder if I stopped, if anyone would miss me. And there have been a few days when I've had blogger's block, but it has never become a chore. If and when it does, that's how I'll know it's time to get out. Like a great athlete walking away from the sport he loves. What? It would be interesting to see when I put the first "what" or "oh wait" in there.

I blogged on AOL from May 5-July 25. My last blog entry there was when Amber had shingles. Wow. Then I switched to Angelfire. Had lots of downtime problems there, so I moved to Blogspot on October 29th, and I've been here ever since.

Visitors:
AOL - 3441
Angelfire - 2018
Blogspot - 5042
Total - 10501

Definitely not the biggest blog, nor the best. But hopefully not the worst either. Anyway, I'm glad you found me. Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, or a happy blogiversary wish ;-) And be thankful that you have access to my dementia.

"Well I guess it's been a good year, for roses and aggressions, for flowers and freeways. And I guess I'll put a smile on, get a new girlfriend. Yeah, put a new hat on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment