Monday, March 15, 2004

The Ides of March...

Back in senior year of high school, several of us guys set a deadline to have our prom dates decided by the Ides of March. So, I always remember that on this day. I can't remember if I made it or not, but I was close. "We had a pact!!!" LOL

Felt like an Arby's night last night. (Again, if you don't watch Seinfeld, you just missed the humor in that simple statement.) After church, I brought Dad home, then headed into town. (That makes it sound like I live out on the Ponderosa, and Hoss and I had to saddle up Snoopy and Prickly Pete and ride into town or something.) I went by and got me and Jessica something to eat, then took it over to her place. We went to Wal-Mart later. Sadly, that is one of the more exciting things to do in this area on Sunday nights. They have a kitten now, and it is soooo cute!!

Talked to Bunny yesterday. She has just started softball. Man, I wish I could find a team to play with this year. We shared quite a few laughs about various subjects.

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe throwing rackets is allowed in the tennis league."

"Then just as I was about to take a picture of it, Melody's arm swoops in with a paper towel and gets it. I was like, What are you doing?!?!!?"

Overall, a good weekend. I was gone a lot. I must say, this entire year has really been going well. I've worked a lot on my attitude.

Other randomness:

Seinfeld wound up #1 in the "101 Reasons The 90's Ruled" countdown on E! We are the Seinfeld generation, my friends.

Am I the only one who wants to laugh everytime the news people say "Vladimir Putin"?

On this date in 1892, the first escalator was patented. Remember how bad you wanted to ride those when you were a kid? Well, OK, I still like them. But it was like, in the mall, everytime we'd pass one, it didn't matter where we were trying to get to, I'd be like, "Mom! Let's ride the escalator." And was I the only one who'd try to go up the down escalator? OK, so I probably was. The great thing about escalators is even if they break down, you've still got stairs ;-)

OK, I'm gonna play some Scrabble, I mean, get back to work.

"You're thinking up your white lies. You're putting on your bedroom eyes. You say you're coming home but you won't say when. But I can feel it coming. If you leave tonight keep running. And you need never look back again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment