Saturday, March 27, 2004

Could be a little long; you've been warned...

Wow, I've only blogged once a day the past couple of days. That's odd. Yesterday was great. Great weather. Went into short-term hibernation for a couple of hours, then headed to town to shoot some pool. It was absolutely the best billiards I've ever played, by far. First of all, when I put the first dollar in, the machine jammed up, so Belle came over and just left the door open, so we got like five free games! I was seeing angles, playing position, making runs, and it continued thru all eleven games. Usually, I might have one or two games like that, if I'm lucky. Oh well, it comes and goes, and it'll probably be gone by next time. K was a little off. I think his mind was on Tammy or something. I just wish I could play like that all the time. It felt pretty good.

While walking up to The Brick, we were complaining about how Geigh Over-tanned Fabio-Hair Guy had tried charging us a cover charge last weekend, so we just left. So I was like, "Well I'm not even gonna get any tea tonight." Then as soon as we walk in, Belle walks by, puts her hand on my shoulder and is like, "You want sweet tea, sweetie?" And I'm like, "Uh... yeah." ROFL She talked me into it. One disturbing thing occurred while we were there. There was this cutie sitting there playing the little game they have on the counter at TB. She keeps smiling and stuff, so I'm smiling back. She's probably in her early to mid 20's. So out of nowhere, there is this 50 year old man with a gray beard and baseball cap who comes up and sits next to her and starts talking to her and playing the game with her and stuff. I keep thinking she'll get up and leave or walk somewhere else, but they sit there for like the next freakin' hour until we leave. What the crap?

K said J-Mo's parents have moved back in for awhile. lol That led to several funnies:

K: "I called Jon, but his parents wouldn't let him do anything."

J: "So, all these years he's been making fun of you for living at home, and really he's... just like you."
K: "Yeah, pretty much." lol

Headed to the Land O' Tasty Delights and Friendly Female Servers (the LOTDFFS) after that. I had the chicken quesadillas. They were good and hot. Sat with Donna. Davina, Jade, Jessica, and Beth all came by to chat. This guy Derrick was up there he starts asking K what there is to do for fun in Decatur. That led to some good funnies:

K: "Nothing. That's why I've been coming here for the past eight years. I get up, go to work, go to the gym, go to eat, come home, and go to sleep."
D: "Wow, talking to you makes me feel a lot better about my own life." ROFL

D: "So what do ya'll do for fun?"
J: "Well, sometimes around 11:00, Donna will dance on the bar." (Donna shoots Jeff the evil eye)

D: "Well I'm coming off a 5 year relationship."
J: (raising my hand) "Well, we've all been there. Four years here."
D: "It's like you're used to always having something to do, and then suddenly, it's gone."
J: "Exactly. And I'm like, what did I do before I met her? I can't remember."

"Maybe we should practice getting girls numbers, by getting guys numbers." ROFL What the freak? Oh man, that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time.

Well, I have to get back to work, which is where I am today, by the way. Planning to wash the truck this afternoon, then head to Matt's to watch the Bama game on the gargantuan screen. It starts around 3:30. Have a great weekend!

"If it's true don't leave me all alone out here, wonderin' if you're ever gonna take me there. Tell me what you're feeling cos I need to know. Girl, you gotta let me know which way to go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment