Thursday, March 11, 2004

Basketball, bank tellers, and Bobby McFerrin?

Blogging away while somebody somewhere is wondering why annul and disannul mean the same thing...

I always like the first two days of the SEC basketball tournament. Four games both days. Start at Noon and go until 10 or 11 at night. It's kinda neat. Auburn got creamed today. That's always good, no matter the sport ;-) Hmm, just seeing an ad for a new movie with Jim Carrey and Kirsten Dunst. That appeals to me for some reason.

Worked over today, cos I have to leave an hour early tomorrow to take Dad to the doctor. Not a whole lot else going on. I may try to run by the car wash and grocery store later. Might try to work in a little pool. A wild night, no doubt. lol Got paid. Went by the bank. The hot teller wasn't working, as far as I could tell :-\ Oh well. I was thinking as I was signing my check today, you can pretty much scribble any sort of mess you want on the back there, and they won't say anything. What if tellers were like your second grade teacher, and they wouldn't accept your check if it was messy?

Got invited to what sounds like a weekly card game Saturday night. According to the girl who invited me, they usually have between 5 and 12 people (her numbers, not mine). Plus, she said there'd be chicks there. So, you know. I mean, when a guy is invited to do something, his first question is most often, "Will there be any girls there?" Doesn't really matter what the activity is, either. "Protest march around a toxic landfill? Gee, I don't know. Will there be any girls there? Well, ok then. Sounds like fun. Count me in."

And today, March 11, in honor of Bobby McFerrin's 54th birthday, we close with this inspiring lyric...

"Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style. Ain't got not girl to make you smile. But don't worry, be happy. Cos when you worry your face will frown. And that will bring everybody down. So don't worry, be happy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment