Sunday, November 16, 2003

Saturday recap... (It's been a long day, always, ain't that right)

Typical Sunday afternoon. Watching some football. Had to go help Dad hang a border in my sister's room. That's part of her birthday present. Had some KFC for lunch while I was over there. And then I ran to the grocery store. Need to clean up a bit around here today. Planning on watching the COWBOYS/PATRIOTS tonight on ESPN.

Yesterday was a ton o' fun. Well... maybe half a ton. LOL KYLE had to run by TAG'S before we left for NASHVILLE, to drop off some DVD's, so I got to see their new house. It was pretty cool... lots of square footage. TAG was at the backyard fence talking to his older next door neighbor when we walked up. I was like, "Oh, Tag's out there talking to Wilson." ROFL A Home Improvement reference. We all had a laugh or two about that.

Got into NASHVILLE around 3:00. Played BILLIARDS for a couple of hours at Buffalo Billiards. Wow, it was horrible. I only won like one out of ten games. I made the 8 in an uncalled pocket like twice and made the 8 and scratched another time. If there was a way to lose, I found it. Plus, these four 40-50 year old men were playing next to us. They were drunk and loud, and that made the experience quite unenjoyable. After that, I was planning to head to COOL SPRINGS to find my sister a birthday gift. On the way, I discovered a hole had developed in the sleeve of my shirt, so we stopped in at OLD NAVY and I ended up getting a shirt to wear there, as well as finding my sister something for her birthday. After that, we cruised over to BEST BUY. Looked at plasma TV's and other neat stuff. SHANE and MELODY met us up there, and we headed back downtown to BELMONT UNIVERSITY for this country music showcase thing. LEANNA was producing it. There were four artists performing. They each did three songs, and they were all excellent. One of the girls seemed to not quite be up to the level of the other three. We were all very impressed with SAM ALLEN. The other performers were HOLLI WHITE, JUSTIN WILLIAMS, and MEREDITH EDWARDS (I think). All the musicians in the bands were great, too. There is really an unbelievable abundance of talent up there.

Got to ride in SHANE'S PASSAT for the first time. There was one funny moment when he said "Turn defroster on" and for a split-second, I thought it had these voice-activated controls, and I thought, "Oh man, this is gonna be cool." Then MELODY reached over and turned on the defroster and I was like, "Oh, he's talking to Melody. That's not quite the same." ROFL I shared with the group and we all had a big laugh. That's about all I can think of for now. I know more funny stuff happened, but I can't think of it. Ended up getting home around 12:15, and went to sleep pretty quickly from there.

"Go on, go on. You were sayin' how a fool can only fool you so long. It's true. That's so true. When they do you like that, what else can you do, but go on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment