Wednesday, November 26, 2003

"The Man" Claims Another Victim

Well, as most of you already know, one of the founding members of the BlogNation was recently fired from his job for "excessive internet usage." Somehow, I don't think he is all that upset about it. However, we must band together and share tips on how NOT to get fired while maintaining a high internet presence at work. It is integral to the survival of the BlogNation. In the meantime, we should all be supportive of our fallen comrade. It is just before the holidays and the job market is still very tough.

You may send donations to:

Fallen Friend Blog Fund
(c/o Bone)

Seriously though, all these recent events have so many things running thru my mind. The bottom line is that true happiness and contentment can never be found in material things. Why do we feel like we must obtain more and more? Because, as the song says, we are living in a material world. Society has taught us that more is better. So while we feel the pressures of society from the outside, we struggle to keep our eyes on the main goal, the only thing that is really important. When we realize that happiness can't be found in material wealth, and we cease to impress others with what we have, then and only then will we find true contentment.

On a somewhat less serious note, I am reminded of a SEINFELD episode. Somehow, there seems to be a parallel in here somewhere:

(From "The Keys")
Kramer: You're wasting your life.
George: I am not! What you call wasting, I call living. I'm living my life!
Kramer: OK, like what? Tell me! Do you have a job?
George: No.
Kramer: You got money?
George: No.
Kramer: Do you have a woman?
George: No.
Kramer: Do you have any prospects?
George: No.
Kramer: You got anything on the horizon?
George: Uh... no.
Kramer: Do you have any conceivable reason for even getting up in the morning?
George: Uh... I like to get the Daily News.
Kramer: George, it's time for us to grow up and be men, not little boys.
George: Why?
Kramer: I'm goin' to California. You know, I got the bug.
George: Yeah, I think I got a touch of something, too.
Kramer: No, the acting bug... ever since I was in that Woody Allen movie.
George: These pretzels are making me thirsty?! That was one line! You got fired!
Kramer: I know. But man, I never felt so alive! Are you coming with me?
George: Uh, no, I'm not. You're not really gonna go to California, are you?
Kramer (pointing to his head): George, up here... I'm already gone.

:-)

"I wanna know what you're thinking. There are some things you can't hide. I wanna know what you're feeling. Tell me what's on your mind..."

No comments:

Post a Comment