Friday, November 07, 2003

Coming Out Of The Closet

Well, I guess it's time I admit it. I'm just not like other people. A few of you may already know what I'm about to tell you. For the rest of you, it may come as a shock. Am I embarrassed? Yes. Do I need help? Probably. But I finally realized it Wednesday afternoon. (sigh) Please don't think any less of me because of this. It's not something I wanted. I wanted to hate it. I stayed away from it as long as I could. But I can't deny it any longer. But the first step to recovery is admitting it, right? So here goes: I am a closet Dr. Phil fan.

There, I said it. What did you think I was going to say? Good grief. Woooooooooo!!!! I was watching Wednesday and he had an intervention for a 21 year old drug addict. His parents and his brother and sister were all there. It was intense. He did not want to go. Basically, it came down to he had tested positive for pain killers a few weeks ago, so they told him either he could go to rehab or face prescription drug charges and jail.

In other TV news, I was watching The History Channel yesterday. They had this 15-minute segment on the SL-1 Nuclear Reactor disaster in Idaho in 1961. It was eerie. Of course, THC always makes it more interesting and suspenseful. Strangely, I had never heard of this disaster. You always hear of Chernobyl and Three Mile Island and whatever. But do a search for it if you want some interesting reading. Here's someone's brief synopsis of it.

Thanks to KYLE for the google fun. If you go to google.com, copy and paste the following:

Kyle, Beth, Davina, Applebees

Then hit "I'm feeling lucky", you'll get a surprise. lol

You can also try: billiards, Applebees, Donna

Or pretty much any combination of Applebees and waitress names. ROFL I don't know how that works.

"I thought that we would happen. I guess I'm wrong, we'll move along. I know this will be awkward, but not for long. Cos soon you'll have a new boy to sing you songs. I will not forgive you, nor will I accept the blame. I will see you on good Friday..."

No comments:

Post a Comment