Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

Today is Election Day in America. Be sure to get out and vote. I know all the name-calling and criticizing can be frustrating, but this is the your chance to be heard (assuming your vote is counted and not thrown out or lost, and that you are not forbidden to vote by challengers stationed at many precincts across the country, and are not intimidated or scared away by said challengers). As a demographic, young people are some of the least likely to vote. I can only imagine the change we could bring if young people, ages 18-30, as a whole, got out and voted. I truly believe America is at its best when everyone votes and has their say. Plus, you get that kewl "I Voted" sticker. Also, I think it is federal law that employers are required to give their employees two hours off today to vote. I think. Well, try it and see. What?

Check out electoral-vote.com. This guy has comprised an electoral map based on the final polling numbers, and will supposedly update with the official results. Of course, there'll only be seventy-four television channels providing continuous coverage all night, I'm sure. But he also includes some other interesting factoids, including comparisons to polls in the 2000 election.

"Faith, hope, and love are some good things He gave us. And the greatest is love..."

No comments:

Post a Comment