Thursday, December 18, 2003

Weird Night

I couldn't get to sleep for the longest last night. Had like almost constant pains in my chest. So I'm thinking, pneumonia. Finally, the extra strength Tylenol kicked in I guess, and I dozed off. Then I woke up at 2 AM and I was wide awake. My throat was hurting, so I got up and drank some water, then went back to sleep. Feel a little better this morning.

Seems like a lot of people are off today. I see J-MO has begun his holiday. KYLE continues his extended vacation. Talked to a couple of other friends last night who are off today, as well. Me? I'm working. Or, I should say, at work... blogging.

Our work Christmas party is tonight. So this sort of begins the week of Christmas for me. The next few days will be filled with last-minute shopping, wrapping gifts, Christmas parties, Christmas goodies (cookies, fudge, pecans, etc.), exchanging gifts and spending time with friends and family. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

I'm going to try to get the rest of my shopping wrapped up tonight before the party, or at least most of it. I need to rest, but there's no time now. I don't wanna be stuck a day or two before Christmas with gifts to buy and wrap. Wow, you know it's going to come and go before we know it.

I would encourage you all to spend time with family members, especially parents and grandparents, if you are fortunate enough to still have them. Believe me, there will come a day when you'd give anything if you could go back and spend another day with them. My last living grandparent passed away more than eleven years ago. I seem to always think of her more around this time of year. That's where my family would always go for Christmas Eve, and then again for dinner Christmas Day.

Changing subjects, I had a dream last night that I was starting my senior year of high school. lol It was like the first day of school and I was roaming the halls, trying not to get in trouble. Hmmm, was that a dream, or just a flashback? lol

I wonder if and when "Miracle on 34th Street" is going to come on this year. I want it to snow.. lots and lots and lots.

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write. May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white..."

No comments:

Post a Comment