Thursday, December 04, 2003

Seven months tomorrow...

Bloggin' away while somebody somewhere is wondering if we were required by our employers to maintain a blog, would it be anywhere near as fun?

Seven months ago tomorrow (May 5, 2003), I began blogging. Talking about time flying. Wow!!!! It literally seems like maybe two or three months, at most. Now some of you may have been blogging longer. Many of you maybe not as long. And a very isolated few of you may not be blogging at all, and you don't know why. But that's one of the best things about the BlogNation. Everyone is welcome, whether you blog at work, blog at home, blog once a week or ten times a day. It does not matter to other bloggers.

*sigh* I still remember that day back in April when a good friend of mine said to me, "You need to start your own blog." I was like, "What the crap is a blog?" Well, I scoffed at the idea at first, as I do at most of this friend's ideas. lol But after reading a few blogs, I decided to try it. May 5, 2003, was my first blog entry. And there's been no looking back. OK, that's a lie, mostly all I do is look back, but anyhow. What started that day in May as a one paragraph entry has evolved over time into the vast, bandwidth-consuming, bloggerific entity which appears on your monitor today. Many blogs have come and gone in that time. Many others continue to flourish. But here, seven months, two names, and three servers later, my blog still stands. And I'm kind of proud of it. *sniff sniff* And to think, I almost didn't blog. Talk about changing the course of history. lol

Why do I do this on the seven month anniversary? Well, the answer is probably not as complex and deep as you might imagine. I simply missed the six-month anniversary. lol Anyhow, thanks for reading. I look forward to whatever adventures the blog future holds.

"I'm not a kid anymore, but I still believe that those miracles occur, that's not something up his sleeve. And that the reindeer pull the sleigh and the elves still make the toys, Santa gives away to all the girls and boys..."

No comments:

Post a Comment