Saturday, December 20, 2003

All My Ex's Live in... Wal-Mart?

Wow! I am speechless. After work, I had some errands to run--get gas, post office, Wal-Mart, etc. So I walk into Wal-Mart and like the first person I see is Cindy, a girl I dated when I was 18. I've probably seen her three or four times at most in the past ten years. So that was like a shocker. She was like my first real love, you know, and my first broken heart. So for the next few minutes I walk around in a daze pretty much. Then I run into my old roomate and later I see my high school driver's ed teacher. So everyone I know is out at Christmas. OK. Also while I am there, I see yet another girl I dated, when I was like 19 or 20. Well this was my first and only venture into the single-mom-dating world. So I see this little girl behind her and she asks the little girl,"You don't remember him, do you?" And the little girl is like shaking her head 'no' and then she's like,"I'll be ten next year." And I'm stunned almost beyond coherence. And her mom sees this shocked look on my face, I'm sure, and says, "It's been quite a while." And I'm just like shocked that it's been that long and it seems like no time and there is this person standing there who I knew when she wasn't even a year old, and haven't seen since, and now she's almost ten. And all of a sudden I have this tangible evidence of the passing of time, and I see the past ten years of my life have vanished and so the rest of the time at Wal-Mart I'm pretty much wandering aimlessly around trying to absorb all this and not being able to concentrate on what I came there for in the first place. So, is someone trying to tell me something? And if so, what?

It was just quite a day. I don't know what else to say about it. I'm just getting home actually, because after that I ran by to get some lunch, went over to see my sister and she was wanting me to help her make some sugar cookies. And we decorated them and everything, so that took awhile.

# of presents wrapped in the past two days = 0 (zero, zilch, nada, nothing) lol

"Who'll light up the darkness? Who will hold your hand? Who will find you the answers, when you don't understand? Why should I have to be the one who has to convince you? Cos you know I know baby, that I don't wanna go..."

No comments:

Post a Comment