Friday, August 06, 2004

Words To Laugh By

If daily you pine for a Welcome Back Kotter weekend marathon on TVLand, this blog's for you...

Nothing like a good ol' Bushism to get your Friday off to a rollicking start. New Bushism Born At Bill Signing

Sure the country's in shambles. But whatever you think of the guy, you gotta hand it to him, intentional or not, he's funny. On the humor front, he is second to none. (Wow, I never thought I'd use rollicking and shambles in a single blog entry. Hmm, that's queer.)

Well, let's recount the exciting events of the past 18 hours...... All right then. Moving on... what? Well, I went by Jessica's after work and hung out until time for practice. We ordered some Chinese for supper. I got Kung Pow, because, well you know, Bone likes his chicken spicy. For some reason, it was not the least bit spicy. It was just totally bland. Anyway, for awhile there, it looked like Hurricane Alex had shifted course and was upon us, all cloudy and windy and stuff. But alas, it never rained a drop where I was. Practice went pretty well. The wind was really playing tricks with those fly balls. During BP, I scalded one back up the middle and smacked the pitcher on the calf. He had a nice bruise. Oops. No more practice. Season starts Tuesday. Hopefully, I will make it up to the batting cages at some point this weekend.

That's about it. Oh, I caught The Seven on last night. Jerry's plot is classic. He's dating a girl who wears the same outfit the first two times he sees her, three days apart, and he's just got to know what's going on:

G: "You know, Einstein wore the exact same outfit every day."
J: "Well if she splits the atom, I'll let it slide."

I also noticed K mentions his friend Jay Riemenschneider in this ep. As far as I know, it is the only time he is ever mentioned. I enjoyed Kramer keeping a tab of all the things he eats at Jerry's:

J: "All right, Hobo Joe. I didn't wanna put a damper on your little smorgasbord here, but it's the end of the week, so I added up your tab."
K: "Yikes."
J: "I know. Pretty steep."
K: "Well I don't have this kind of cash."
J: "Few do." LOL

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. Seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment