Sunday, August 08, 2004

The Blahs

This bloglet brought to you by Lean Cuisine. Visualize, if you will. I am sitting here in green plaid boxers, tan dress socks, and a white t-shirt. (TMI?) I am watching the NFL Hall of Fame induction ceremony on TV, while waiting for a frozen dinner to finish heating. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the essence of bachelorhood... I think.

I've sort of had the blahs this weekend. Just one of those things, I guess. I really should have gotten out and enjoyed the super nice weather, but I really haven't. Mom let me know Friday that she had gone to the ER Thursday night with what turned out to be a spider bite. I'm like, "Why didn't you call me?" She said she called my sister and told her. She said she knew I was at practice and didn't want to bother me. Well, I would really like to know if my parents are going to the emergency room. Anyway, apparently she is OK. Had some pretty bad infection and the spot where she was bitten looks really bad. They gave her a shot and some antibiotics.

Had dinner at Logan's Friday night. Ran into Wes up there. Turns out he quit The Brick and is now working at L's. Got home pretty early, a little before 10:00. Watched a couple of programs on A&E, one about the cyanide-laced Excedrin poisonings of 1986, and then the story of Jayne Mansfield. That was very interesting. You know, I often find myself enthralled by stuff on A&E, and occasionally the History Channel, too. Weird. Anyway, I fell asleep on the couch shortly after midnight. Woke up at 8 and got in the bed. Slept 'til shortly after Noon. Ahhh, nice. Went and shot some pool with Kyle Saturday night. Ate at Applebees. Then went over to Matt's and hung out for a couple of hours. Got home around 1:00.

Random funny:
(names omitted to protect the young and innocent)
"Dude, you have got to ask her out."
"I don't understand. I had no problem asking _____ and _____ out."
"I thought they asked you out."
"No... oh, well, maybe they did."

"Thought about leavin' but I couldn't even get out of bed. I'm hangin' cos I couldn't get a ride outta town. Now anyone who really wanted me to be down, come 'round..."

6 comments:

  1. poorbaby had the blahs this weekend that weird so did kinda.Just think we coulda had the blahs together What lol.speaking of lean cuisine i had the same thing.Is this getting to sound strange we are having to much in common lol.Well on the note about young and innocent i guess that counts me out since now i request that songabout older women oh wait i'ved earned the title gracefully rofl.


    Hope your mother is doing fine. luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be wrong here Bonester, but I think you have a secret admirer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definately looks like a secret admirer to me. Whoa. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've considered that. Doesn't seem likely. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He better not have a secret admirer..those tend to be stalkers...and I'd hate to have to inform Alli that her one and ONLY man is being sought after!! Who knows what'd she'd do with that cuestick...and being their friends and all, I'd have to get out my tiebo tape, and start some butt-kickin'!

    ReplyDelete