Monday, August 23, 2004

And that was the extent of my modeling career

Greetings and salutations. I just saw this on the blogger news page: "Happy birthday blogger. Five years ago today, blogger was launched. Woot!" LOL Woot!? That's funny.

Wow, I'm worn out, but I figured I'd blog now, because I might not get to in the morning. We had major computer issues at work today, so I dealt with that from about 8:30 until 2:30. My head felt like a crepe rolled way too tightly, ready to burst at any moment. (That's why you gotta get real Cubans.) I ran by Krystal for a bite of lunch, then it was off to meet with the photographer to take some photos of me blogging. That just sounds funny to say. Well, I thought it was really only going to be a picture of the computer monitor or something, but he ended up taking probably 25 pictures. I'm sure that nothing embarrassing will come of that. It was like, "Smile.... OK, now look like you're deep in thought. OK, now look out the window..." It felt like I was back modeling again... what? And then there were pictures of my hands typing. As I'm sure you'll see, my nails kind of look like rats have been gnawing away at them. So this should be quite an interesting adventure. I guess the biggest danger is that my Mom will find out about my blog. Isn't that everyone's greatest fear? Who's idea was this again? OK, Emily, if you're reading this, you've got to start your own blog now. It's only fair ;-)

After that was over, I ran home to get a disk. Met my Mom and two of my aunts for dinner. Then I headed back to work to try a few more things. I couldn't fix the issues, but I did manage to come up with a temporary fix to at least get us thru the night and tomorrow until our tech guy can be there. After a trip to the grocery store and stopping off to check on the dog, I got home about 8:45. A big thanks to good ol' Dave for sharing some of his (pick one: colossal, expansive, vast) computer knowledge with me... for free. At least I hope it was free ;-) Maybe he could mentor me. For I'm sure he was once a lot like me, not knowing a thing about a topic as basic as, say, risk management. Dave, are you looking for a protege? OK, I've got to get in bed. Big softball game tomorrow evening. Oh, speaking of sports, I forgot to watch the football game tonight. A guy who graduated high school with my sister is on the Chiefs, trying to make the team. They played tonight. I meant to watch, because they let everyone play in preseason, but I forgot.

From Kilborn tonight: "If you jump out of a plane and your chute doesn't open, you might as well try a few tricks on the way down."

"And I'll do anything you ever dreamed to be complete. Little pieces of nothing that fall. Aww May, put your arms around me. What you feel is what you are, and what you are is beautiful...."

No comments:

Post a Comment