Monday, March 28, 2005

You've been Pittsnogled!

That was my favorite phrase of the weekend as my newly beloved Mounties lost a heartbreaker. It reminds me of the time I attended an NCAA regional in Bham and Austin Peay was playing. Their fans chanted "Let's go Peay" the entire game.

Well, I correctly picked 3 of the final 4 somehow, as evidenced in this post. I had Louisville, North Carolina, Illinois, and Oklahoma (instead of Michigan State). So even though I got pummeled in the opening rounds, I made a nice, if improbable, comeback. What a weekend, though. Three overtime games out of four in the Elite 8. Surely someone amongst the powers that be in college football could watch the games this weekend and think, "Hey! We could do that!"

OK, I was going to post something interesting and funny today, but I figured, I've gone nearly two years. Why start now?

EDIT: By the way, I really appreciate channel 19 displaying their "19" emblem over the clock during the end of the Kentucky/Michigan State game. Good job. It wasn't like the game was close or anything. Then again, perhaps that's why it took Kentucky about 20 seconds to foul in the last minute there. Maybe they couldn't see the clock because of that giant "19". AND I really appreciate you running the severe weather bulletins in Spanish. As soon as I turned the TV on, it was like, "Tormenta hacienda viva la bamba Moulton yo quiero Taco Bell" running across the screen. So I had no clue what was going on. As if years of fake Satterfield tornado warnings weren't enough, now this. It's safe to say I won't be watching your station for weather coverage ever again.

"If there's a plane or a bus leavin' Dallas, I hope you're on it..."

1 comment: