Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A random act of senseless blogging

Once at a family reunion, my uncle took a bunch of us kids for a ride in the back of his truck. I don't remember where we went, but I remember it was a long walk back.

My bracket's not busted...
...it's obliterated. You know on Super Mario Bros. when you get to the end of the fire stage and you jump on that key or axe or whatever it is and the bridge disintegrates? Well, that bridge represents my bracket. I profess to be a sports fan, to know a little something about all three major sports, college and pro. But man, this is my worst bracket ever. While 3 of my final 4 are still alive, sans Oklahoma, only 4 of my elite 8 are left. And I'm almost ashamed to say, only 6 of my sweet 16 made it. Ouch! Good thing I decided not to bet this year... or any year. Be watching for my latest book, "Incorporating Seinfeld and Nintendo Into Every Aspect Of Your Daily Life."

Home cookin'
I enjoyed three home cooked meals over the weekend. That was very nice. I have some very thoughtful females in my life. Ladies, there is nothing wrong with cooking one night and inviting your bachelor friend over for dinner. Nothing at all. I would even encourage it. Mom cooked on Saturday for lunch. Here's what we had: fat back (have you ever heard of that?), barbecue boneless chicken, blackeyed peas, corn on the cob, cole slaw, macaroni and cheese, cucumber salad, fried potatoes, and cornbread muffins. Now THAT'S an Alabama meal. Mmmm!

Other stuff
Why do most girls love Extreme Home Makeover? To me, you see one EHM, you've seen them all. Do girls have an innate need to cry every so often? Maybe that's what guys are for. Girls need to cry. It's a necessary bodily function. So we make them cry.

I haven't run since Friday. Still resting the knee. Probably won't run today either since I have a strange aversion to running in tornadoes.

I wanna see the sequel to The Ring. I have not been inside a movie theater since December 2003, but I think that streak is about to come to an end. I saw the first one and it was pretty good.

One tank of gas: $30
Two movie tickets: $18 (I really have no idea, I think it was $7.50 the last time I went.)
Getting to shoot basketball at that little game with the moving goal in the movie theatre arcade: Priceless (OK, it's actually 50 cents per game. Oh well. It's no wonder they don't ask me to write Master Card commercials.)

"I know you believed when I said it was over. You stood by me patiently, waiting and brooding. So deeply in love with every face that I've shown..."

1 comment:

  1. I know. I can't believe I had an inside source right there in Oklahoma and I wouldn't listen to her.

    ReplyDelete