Thursday, December 08, 2005
Thursday Thirteen #2
Thirteen Things from the mind of Bone...
1. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only guy on the face of the planet who does the Thursday 13.
2. I went to K-Mart last night to look for a Festivus pole, but I didn't find any. Someone told me they'd seen them there, but now I wonder if they were just yanking my chain.
3. The Festivus poles online are like $40 plus shipping.
4. To me, that in itself goes against the anti-commercialization premise that Festivus was founded upon.
5. I think the party will be interesting. I have different groups of friends that are pretty much kept separate. This will be the first time they're all together. Worlds will be colliding.
6. Tuesday night, I watched more TV than I have in a long time. I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. Then that new show about the female President. That was pretty good. Then the General Hospital replay on SoapNet. Then Seinfeld on TBS.
7. It was "The Gymnast" episode of Seinfeld. George's girlfriend's mother catches him eating out of the trash can. Then he comes out of the bathroom with his shirt off in front of everyone, because "it frees me up, no encumbrances."
8. I like to feel unencumbered as well, but that's all I'm going to say about that. Anything more would probably be way TMI.
9. I nicked myself shaving yesterday. Was chatting with someone about that this morning. Is it really the best idea to shave first thing in the morning? I mean, I'm barely awake, I'm stubbing my toe, bumping into doorways... Yeah, seems like a good time to run a sharp blade back and forth several times just millimeters from my jugular.
9. I bought Martha Stewart wrapping paper and a pack of candy canes at K-Mart last night. My only Christmas purchases thusfar this year, besides my Christmas cards. Which I still haven't addressed, by the way.
10. The bathrooms are still out of order at work. Random insert: Since the last time I um, released, I've had 16 ounces of chocolate milk and 12 ounces of Mountain Dew. I've been going home everyday at lunch just to evacuate my system.
11. I wish it would snow here. A lot of bloggers are writing about it snowing. I wish it'd snow enough here to make a snowman and snow cream. Does anyone else know what snow cream is?
12. I have been looking online for jobs in Nashville and Dallas this week, for some reason.
13. I would love to write for a living. Not sure I could ever write a novel. But perhaps a column. Or short stories.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
4. Coyote Mike
5. Interstellar Lass
8. (leave your link in the comments, and I'll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
"I don't know the answer to the easy way she opened every door in my mind. But dreamin' was as easy as believin' it was never gonna end. And lovin' her was easier than anything I'll ever do again..."