Monday, February 21, 2005

Day 11697 of the Bone Reality Show

Wow, 33 hits from searches for "Lonely No More" (which I posted lyrics for here) between 10 AM Friday and 6 PM Sunday.

I'm on no sleep
Melody had a medical emergency late Saturday night and ended up in ICU for several hours. She was out in a regular room by last night. Kyle and I drove up to visit. Shane joined us and we all went to Famous Dave's for dinner, at which a large portion of the conversation centered around my ex-girlfriends and the mistakes I have made and the ones I let slip away. At which point, I began pretending to slam my head into the brick wall. Ah, good times. It rained almost the entire way up there and back. I didn't get home until nearly 1 AM, so I look like I came out on the wrong end of a sleep deprivation project today. Melody is doing better. Hopefully, the tour of emergency rooms across the country ends here.

Back when a 50 was a 50
Friday night was pool at Bumpers and dinner at the Leather-Free Applebees in Huntsville. My skull cap provided inspiration for some interesting conversation there. On Saturday night, I ended up hanging out at a friend's place watching the slam dunk contest and 3 point shootout. The dude who won the dunk contest (who I'd never heard of, by the way) got 3 50's (a perfect score) in 4 dunks. Dude, whatever happened to the days when you actually had to do something to earn a 50? Tip to Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Magic Johnson, and other TNT announcers: Just saying a thousand times that the dunk contest has returned to its glory days and is as good as ever doesn't make it so. No matter how many times you tell us how exciting it is, we know better. The Stoudamaire off-the-backboard-off-Steve-Nash's-head dunk was the best, but other than that, it stunk. I asked someone like fifteen minutes after it was over who had won. They couldn't tell me, and we had just sat there and watched it. It had a good run... Dr. J, Dominique, Jordan, Spud Webb, even Vince Carter. But now, it's over. Let it go.

If there's debris on the track, but no one sees it...
In other weekend sports, I watched most of the Daytona 500 yesterday. Jeff Gordon won. It was actually fairly exciting, with the aid of a Dale-Junior-is-way-behind-mysterious-debris-on-the-track caution flag or two. About halfway through, there were four cars distancing themselves from the pack. I had just thought to myself, NASCAR isn't going to be too happy with this. Then, boom! Caution for debris. Never fails. Oh well, such is the state of NASCAR. Love it or leave it, I guess.

"In your world I have no meaning, though I'm trying hard to understand. And it's my heart that's breaking, down this long distance line tonight. I ain't missing you at all..."

No comments:

Post a Comment