Friday, June 04, 2004

Whew, I can breathe again (or talk on my cell again)

The weather is sooo nice today! This is the kind of day that just makes you want to strip down to your man-thong and run thru the streets of town waving your arms and singing Michael Jackson songs, you know? No? Hmm, I guess it could just be me.

My billing cycle starts over today, so I can talk freely again without fear or worry of expensive overage charges. $0.49 a minute... forget that smorgasboard. So, if you've called me in the last three days and I've rushed you off the phone or the first thing I said was like, "What do you want" or "I can't talk" or "I'll call you back", well, that's the reason why. Unless you're an ex-girlfriend, then it's a whole different reason altogether. What? So now, my minutes are free at last, free at last. Well, not free really, since I pay like $39 a month. (Sometimes I get the feeling I'm overanalyzing everything... nah!!!) But now, I have 400 daytime minutes to spend as I wish, at my disposal. So, call away! I really don't know how I went that far over though. Oh well.

I caught the end of the National Spelling Bee last night. I turned it on when they were down to three contestants. One guy was like a ventriloquist. You could barely see his mouth move when he was talking. The kid who won was 14, but his voice hadn't changed yet. That's OK though, I didn't hit puberty until... hmm... nevermind. WOOOOOOOO!!! Anyway, I was thinking, really it's more of a memorization bee than a spelling bee. I mean, I'm sure they are all naturally gifted spellers, but I think it would be better if there were no lists and they just started out with fairly common words. No one ever uses any of these words. Ever. Even in research papers. Atete, segetal, autochthonous? Come on, grant me a respite. On the other hand, I guess it might go on forever if they did it that way. I remember I lost in fourth grade spelling bee, and cried. And my teacher ordered me balloons and they were at my desk when I got back to my classroom and the other students were all saying how good I did. How geigh. ROFL

Oh, they were down to the final two kids and the ventriloquist guy misses "schwarmerei." (I know, how in the world do you miss that?) Anyway, before he spelled it, he asked for the definition, and the moderator was like, "Excessive unbridled enthusiasm." You know what I was thinking... Billy Mumphrey. Unbridled enthusiam. That's what led to Billy Mumphrey's downfall. He was a simpleton. Some might say, a cock-eyed optimist.

The rest of the day... Jonathan brought by the apartment application. He said he talked to the lady and it's mine if I want it. The question is, do I want it? Of course I do. I just hate the hassle of moving. Amelia IM'd me about 9:15 and reminded me to watch Wild Boyz. I can't believe I am actually kinda liking that show now. They are just so crazy, it is funny. Went to Jessica's for a few minutes before she had to go to work. Stopped by Rooster's to get our dinner. I wasn't real impressed. (Am I ever?) I mean, for chicken to be your whole empire, those fingers need to be exceptional. Went by the grocery store on the way home. Kayla checked me out (in the cash register sense only). If K or J-Mo had been with me with their camera phones, I am sure they would have posted a picture.

When I got home, I decided to go for an adventure run, just sorta running down different streets as the urge hit me. Not sure how far it was. I'll have to measure it in the truck today. I highly recommend doing that from time to time. It is good just to break up the monotony of the same old pre-measured course. Keeps things interesting.

"The secret of life is there ain't no secret, and you don't get your money back..."

No comments:

Post a Comment