Thursday, June 17, 2004

Not enough hours in the day

You ever get that feeling? I'm sure most everyone does. Seems like life just gets busier and busier, though. I remember fondly when I was younger and had all this time to just sit and play video games until the wee hours of the morning. Another early twenties flashback ;-) I have still found time to blog, though. That's a lesson for the kids out there, all you young bloggers. It's not about you. It's about the blog. Respect the blog.

Man it is soooo hot outside today. Makes me just want to take all my clothes off, lie out in the parking lot, and get some sun. As some of my friends and most of my neighbors know, I am somewhat of an exhibitionist. What? This week has been incredibly busy, trying to get ready for the beach trip. Things are moving faster than one of J-Lo's relationships. I plan to put in 11 or 12 hours today to get everything done here at work. That way, tomorrow at 10:00, I can hit the door. Yesterday, I got all my laundry done, except for a bit of ironing and folding. I went to Dad's and cut the grass. Then had Bible study, and afterwards my second job. Gonna try to get Staci to cut my hair today at some point. Also have to run by the bank, need to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart, and I've still got all my packing to do. Packing always takes me a long time, for some reason. So I should get in the bed, oh, around 3:00 AM. Boy, I wish I someone would complain. But once I am on the beach and my skin is the color of a cherry popsicle, will it all have been worth it? Of course.

I want shrimp. Real shrimp. Fresh shrimp. Mmm. I wanna throw frisbee and play volleyball on the beach. Boy, that brings back memories. (/begin Bone's beach memories) One time when we were throwing frisbee, there was this guy and girl walking towards me. Well, one of my throws veered slightly left and knocked a camera out of the girl's hand. Didn't touch her, just caught the camera clean, from like 30 yards away. I couldn't have done that again if I had tried a hundred times. Wow! I was thinking... lawsuit! They were cool about it though. Then there was the time we were playing beach volleyball. It started out 3-on-3, but it ended up being 3-on-2, because the other team kept rotating to take smoking breaks. And no matter who won the point, they'd ALWAYS roll the ball under the net to us and be like, "Here, you guys serve." Then there was the time Shane built a sandcastle and I convinced him it wasn't complete until he left his face print in the side of it. Turns out he got a mouthful of sand. Woooo! Fun times. And, of course, the most famous memory was when we were at Lambert's and the wait was like an hour and a half. There were six of us, and after about twenty minutes, the girl was like, "Murphy, party of six." Then a moment later, she repeated it. Finally, it was like, "Last call for Murphy, party of six." So I told Bunny maybe we should take their table. I went up to the counter and was like, "Did you call Murphy?" She was like, "Yes, follow me." That was the best ever. (/end Bone's beach memories)

Oh, I had another animal experience last night. When I went to Dad's, there was a bunny in the front yard, and he was trying to get out of the way of my headlights. So when I cut my truck off, I could still see him just sitting in the yard, in the darkness, being completely still. So I started walking towards him, and he ran across the street and took up a similar position in the neighbor's yard. I know why he was there. I could hear him. Sure, not audibly, with human hearing, but I knew what he was saying. He was there about the bird. "Why did you kill the bird? Why? Why? Are you going to kill me to?"

I'm sorry. OK? I'm sorry. Stop looking at me. Go back to your lagomorph houses and stop staring at me. I feel bad enough.

"With all of our running and all of our cunning, if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane..."

2 comments:

  1. Before I forget....

    Have a wonderful, relaxing, and entertaining vacation!!!!!

    Can't wait to hear (read) all your experiences when you get back...but, I can wait.

    HAVE FUN!!!!!!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the good wishes. I'll settle for relaxing. I checked out your blog, J. Nice :-)

    ReplyDelete