Friday, June 11, 2004

Pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds...

...and purple horse shoes. Sometimes I think the worst part of being a parent would be having to let your kid have the toy out of the cereal box.

I was pouring some Lucky Charms yesterday, when out pops a hot wheels car. Sweet. Oh man, I used to love to play with those. Although, what can you do with a hot wheels, except look at it and roll it around a little? So, I rolled it on the counter a few times. Seemed to roll smoothly. Good front-end alignment. What else can I do? So I added my milk and dove into my LC's. (Cartman voice): "No leprechaun, these are my Lucky Charms!!"

I remember when I was younger, the number one attribute I looked for in a cereal was what kind of toy it came with. It didn't matter what it tasted like. As long as it had a good toy, I could eat it. "What's this, some type of raw wheat? I can eat that." And those proof of purchase rip-offs. Oh, I hated those! I did not have the patience, nor the attention span to actually save up PoP's from two or three boxes, and then have to mail them in and wait for my toy. Oh well, sweet memories. I loved my early twenties. What?

Yesterday was a relaxing day. After work, I ran by the bank, then headed over to Jessica's to hang out for awhile. Got to watch very little of the Pistons/Lakers game :-\ Glad to see Detroit creamed them though. Around 9:00, I called in an order to Applebees. When I got up there, I went to the bar, which is where you go to pick up carry-out orders. Donna brings me a lemonade and sits it down (cos that's what I always get), and I'm like, "Uh, I had a to-go order." She gave this look like I just told her I was pregnant with her child or something. So anyway, while I'm sitting there waiting, J-Mo yells at me from table 51. He, Kyle, and their respective adoptive families are up there eating, so I walked over to say hey to them before I left. "Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name..."

On the way home last night, the 80's station played Owner of a Lonely Heart, Red Red Wine, and a Billy Joel song back to back. Oh man, that's an auditory party for your cochlea right there.

"But it's all right now. I learned my lesson well. You see you, can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment