Monday, June 21, 2004

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Surprise! Now, there's nothing to brighten up your Tuesday (or Monday evening) like an unexpected day-early bloglet from Bone, right? Right?

Well, I'm sitting here on a laptop in the beach house. My skin is about the color of a Santa Claus suit (the red part). So tonight should be a fun night of sleep. I have only taken like two pictures so far. I think tomorrow is going to be the day to take pics, so I'll try to post a few when I get back. I am thoroughly enjoying myself down here though. Wish I didn't have to come home tomorrow.

Today, we went to a water park down here, called Big Kahuna. I think I may change my nickname to that. Big Kahuna. BK. Who knows? Anyway, it was a lot of fun! I loved it. Did a little souvenir shopping. I got my sister a shirt and my dad a cap. Still have to get Mom something. Yesterday, our time at the beach was cut short by an approaching thunderstorm, although I'm not sure it ever rained. Spent most of the day Saturday at the beach. The nights have been spent eating out at very nice (and expensive) restaurants. I'll blog more about all that later.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I haven't been carried out to sea by a riptide or seeing if I can swim faster than any sharks, although it has crossed my mind. I will share one funny story with you. Last night, we went out with Jess' parents, while her sister went out with one of her friends. So, we have two keys to the house. We left one in the house, by mistake, and the other in a flower pot on the porch. Well, we returned before her sister and the key was gone. We were locked out! Hmmm. Seems like I've been here before. I thought I was going to have to climb up to the second floor balcony to get in an unlocked door and save the day, much like on the lake house trip back in February, or whenever it was. But alas, her sister returned and had come by and gotten the key, so we were able to get in. I was kinda looking forward to climbing the house ;-)

Well, I am going to get off here. Hope all is going well with all of you. I haven't had time to check other blogs, but I'll catch up when I get back. I think we may do some more souvenir shopping tonight, and probably go out on the beach for a bit.

"Well now I've gotta say, that the wind and the waves, and the moon winkin' down at me, eases my mind, by leavin' behind, the heartaches that love often brings..."

No comments:

Post a Comment