Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Mister Rogers and Bachelorhood in the 21st Century

OK, you guys are going to have to get lives. I can't keep logging on here everyday, entertaining you people with sundry ramblings and constant overanalyzation of every miniscule detail of my day-to-day life.... or, maybe I can. Yeah, I think I can. I don't see why not. I've got time ;-)

Nothing big going on lately (or ever). Just days passing as I continue to live in this bachelor's paradise. Had KFC for dinner Sunday night. Wow, that is some... food right there. I think. I love their lemon parfaits for dessert though. Monday was slow at work. It was really nice to be able to relax for part of the day. Bunny called me at work. All is well in VA. I played many games of hearts to try and pass the time yesterday. I was tempted to take a couple of hours of sick time and leave early, but I didn't. Got home and watched Mister Rogers and Zoom on PBS. There is something very soothing about Mister Rogers, Mister McFeeley, Lady Aberlin, Handyman Negri. Not that I watch it very often. Then I watched a bit of Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon. (Click on it. Thank me later.) I think she has become my favorite player now, along with Jennifer, since Anna and Hingis aren't really playing anymore.

I dozed off on the couch for a bit, then got up and went for a run, since it finally stopped raining late yesterday. It seriously has rained I think every single day for about two weeks here, I believe. After that, Kim and I went to Los Charros for dinner. It was good. Very filling. Was online later and Kristina from Applebees IM'd me, which is the first time she'd ever done that. I told her where I'd eaten and she was like, "I know the owner there." Not surprisingly. That was a little odd. You know, you have to keep your worlds separate. I have relationship Bone, independent Bone, and internet Bone. Independent Bone is the one who goes to Applebees. If independent Bone infiltrates the internet world, then Bone, as you know him, ceases to exist. A Bone divided against itself cannot stand. The night ended on a good note, as Kirsten Dunst was on Letterman.

"I can't light, no more of your darkness. All my pictures, seem to fade to black and white. I'm growing tired, and time stands still before me. Frozen here, on the ladder of my life..."

No comments:

Post a Comment