Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Is loss of memory directly related to lack of sleep?

I was telling someone this morning how I couldn't remember anything anymore, especially short-term. So they asked how long it had been going on, and I was like maybe six months or a year.

Well, that got me to thinking, so I did a little online research, and found some interesting articles.

Lack Of Sleep Alters Hormones, Metabolism... more

"We suspect that chronic sleep loss may not only hasten the onset but could also increase the severity of age-related ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity and memory loss." Yikes!

The Analyst - Lack Of Sleep

I really like this page. Check out the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. I scored myself a 12. LOL Off da charts, babee! As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break, lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit, in the theater? Those are automatic sleep times for me.

Sleep Disorders

Well I hope this information will be useful for you. I definitely have to quit depriving myself of sleep and become more disciplined and get in bed earlier. Remember, IYROOBTY is not only here to entertain and to make it easier for you to more ably stalk me, we are also here to inform and educate, sharing tips so that we can all live a happier, healthier, longer bloggeriffic life.

"I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying. And he said someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying..."

No comments:

Post a Comment