Saturday, August 06, 2005

The fish formerly known as...

Driving to work today, I encounter a chicken crossing the road. No. Really. I did. And you thought that was only a corny joke. Well, it's about halfway across my lane, walking toward the middle of the road, so I think by the time I get there, it will be over the center line. Well, apparently, it heard my car. So it stopped, did a 180, and trotted back to the side of the road. (Is that what they do, trot? It looked like a trot.) I had to swerve hard into the other lane to avoid hitting it. Man, I gotta get out of this place.

Happy birthday, Pablo
Someone is three months old today! OK, so I don't really know how old he is, but I got him three months ago today, so we are celebrating his birthday. I think I will change out his water, and maybe give him a fruity pebble again. He seemed to like that. He has been looking at me all day, so I figured I better blog about his birthday. Of course, he pretty much always looks at me when I am here. I think he wants to change his name to The Betta Formerly Known As Pablo, and be represented by this symbol: ><>

Feed The Fish
We had dinner at David's Catfish Cabin in Hartselle Thursday night. If you are from this area, I highly recommend you try this place. After you eat, they give you a bag of fish food, and you walk out back onto a promenade over the water and feed these humongous catfish. There are lights on the water and it is just neat. There were even a couple of solid white albino catfish when we were there. Not to mention the food and service were great and they give you big portions. It's a good date activity, just something a little different from the norm.

"It's the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen. Momma rollin' that body, got every man in here wishin..."

8 comments:

  1. I came to your site via Blog Explosion, and the town's name of Hartselle just popped out at me. I live in Logan - southwest of Cullman. Never been to Catfish Cabin in Hartselle, but it sounds like a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell ><> I said happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy b'day to Pablo! Also, where is this Catfish Cabin place you speak of?

    There's something weird about putting those two sentences together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Pablo who might not be.

    Now you make me want to go down south and eat in a restaurant where I can feed the fish

    ReplyDelete
  5. wease: I've heard of Logan. You'll have to try the catfish place. Thanks for stopping by.

    j-mo: Will do.

    kerry: From 31, take 36 west. Turn left on Bethel Road. The road sorta forks twice. Take the left fork at Bethel baptish church. Then go right at the next fork. The drive is not far past that. There's a sign. It's on the left and and you can't see the building from the road, I don't think. Tell 'em Bone sent ya ;-)

    lass: Shhhh. I know. I feel bad about it. He's looking at me right now, like "I know what you did." :-\

    pia: Come on down. Think you could've been a classic southern belle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Pablo!

    Can we all on a field trip to the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, we can. But no one's eating any fish *wink wink*

    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Pablo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen baby sheep crossing the road. And then when I went out of the car and they started running toward me, I screamed and ran back into the car.

    ReplyDelete