Thursday, August 04, 2005

I love t-shirts!

I again encourage you to sponsor Kerry during the upcoming blogathon this Saturday. I found Kerry when we were both featured in the Decatur Daily article on blogging last year. And she will be blogging for a cause that is near to her heart, I know. I would encourage you to support me, but I did not enter, because I probably would have fallen asleep after the first post.

What I really did
OK, since some of you didn't buy my headache story, here is the slightly embellished story of what I did yesterday:
Right after waking up, I called the New York Times and informed them that the steroid that Rafael Palmeiro tested positive for was indeed stanozolol, also known as Winstrol. Sorry, Raffy, but the truth had to be told. I mean, come on. The cat, reeeeeear, is out of the bag. The jig's up. Just come clean. Players with 3000 hits and 500 homeruns: Aaron, Mays, Murray.. Palmeiro? It just doesn't fit.

After that, I had to do a spacewalk and repair some of the heat shield damage on the bottom of Discovery. You may have seen my picture on the news. It wasn't a very good shot, what with the space suit on and that crappy camera on the robotic arm. Come on, I have Asian friends with nicer cameras on their phones. Fortunately, I trained on the Fisher Price Pound-a-Peg, so it was a relatively simply procedure. Things can get kind of jittery sometimes up there. I like to relax with some Michael Bolton or Richard Marx tunes on the iPod.

Amazingly, I made it back in time to have a late lunch with Jen. She is taking this Brad thing so well. Don't believe what you read in the tabloids. I would have hung out with her all afternoon, but I had to be at Martha Stewart's 64th birthday party at 8:00, so I went home and fixed up a delicious, yet easy-to-make, grape salad. Needless to say, it was a late night.

I love t-shirts
This conversation occurred the other day:
"Coney Island?"
"Yep."
"I bet that's a neat place."
"Yeah, it's pretty cool."
"Is that where you got that shirt?"
"Well, no. But I do have another shirt that I got there... and I did have a coney at Sonic Saturday night."

I love to find cool t-shirts. Just anything different. I guess that's not a unique thing at all. But anytime you have on an uncommon t-shirt, people are always trying to see what it says, making comments about it, or asking where you got it. A t-shirt is an inexpensive way to make a fashion statement, although that's not really why I like them. Maybe I just like the attention.

Sudokus
I am addicted to these little puzzles they have started putting in the USA Today each day. I guess it's because I can actually solve them, unlike the crossword puzzle, which I would usually only be able to figure out a handful of clues to.

Can I end an entry with "clues to"? No, I can't. I did order my new computer last night from Dell. Estimated ship date is August 11th :-)

"She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends. How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget..."

6 comments:

  1. crys: Well, I can't disclose any details, but I did have a conference call with Billy G on my way to the party last night.

    lass: Thanks :-) I was feeling a little silly today for some reason.

    lindsy: Yes, thanks for the link ;-) I couldn't think of it. There are a couple on there I wouldn't mind having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Bone, are awesome. I had completely forgotten about the Pound-a-Peg.

    Genius.

    I thought of you last night. On the news they were saying that they believe that Botox can relieve some people of migraines...
    maybe thats only in So Cal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is too exciting for me; I would get a migraine just doing half the things you do.


    and yes I totally believe everything you say. Don't understand why you're being teased

    Botox does help migraines. That's been known for years. But it paralyzes the brain.

    Part of that last paragraph isn't true. But it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raffy is such a bozo! Unintentionally ingested steriods my butt...

    Hilarious as usual :) Thanks for the plug, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OC: I prefer to stop reading after "I thought of you last night." ;-)

    Thanks for the tshirt link! I want like eight of those now.

    robyn: Thanks. I guess the day was bound to come when my readers wouldn't be old enough to relate to my references.

    lindsy: It could've been. Better go ahead and get one just in case ;-)

    pia: Yes, it was quite the day :-)

    kerry: I'm still surprised they caught him. I would've thought they had stuff to hide the steroids and help them pass the tests.

    Good luck on the blogathon :-)

    ReplyDelete