Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Debilitating

Sorry for no entry today. I had a migraine today at work, and I think it was the worst one I have ever had. I tried putting my head down for an hour or so, but finally had to leave and come home. I slept for about three hours, and feel much better now, just the lingering, dull pain. There are few thing worse than when you first sense the blind spot, and then you know there's nothing you can do to stop it. Ugh. A few years ago, I heard someone describe migraines as debilitating, and as soon as I heard that I knew it was the perfect word to sum them up. Mine are not as severe as some. I have heard of them lasting for days or weeks. Still, they completely knock me off my feet. The best thing I can do is try and go to sleep as soon as possible and hope that it's gone when I wake up. I don't have them that often, maybe twice a year. But today was worse than I can remember. The blindness was more severe, the pain was worse and lasted longer, and for the first time in a long time, my stomach felt a little sick. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

OK, have I griped and complained enough? Geez, what a whiner. I'll try to do an entry later this evening or tomorrow for sure. Actually, I had a dream about Dea while I was napping, so that's probably why I feel better.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you weren't feeling well. I hope you continue to have a speedy recovering.

    Thanks for giving me my needed daily Bone even if you did have a headache!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're getting those from sleep deprivation.

    you need to get to bed earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OC: Thanks, dear. Don't worry. I won't let you go too long without some Bone ;-)

    Java: You may be right. It could be related to the lack of sleep. That, plus "Old Man Leland is bustin' my hump over these reports. If I don't get 'em done, I'm toast." :-)

    Lass: Oh, bless her heart. That must be horrible. I am fortunate not to get any more than I do. I think the Excedrin is good. I've just never bought any because I don't have them that often. It ended up taking four ibuprophen to dull the pain enough that I could get to sleep.

    Thanks all for the good thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :-) Today has been much better.

    ReplyDelete