Thursday, September 22, 2005

Last thing I expected

"Last thing I expected was to get her call tonight, cos the last thing that I heard from her was she'd found Mister Right..."

She called last night. You remember her, don't you? You know... her.

I missed it. She left a message. No call back number. Said she'd call another time.

"...but when I came home this evening, there it was on my machine. Now I'm just wonderin' what the hell it means..."

It's been over a year since I've heard from her. Yet it still affects me. Somehow. My mind wanders...

That's all I really know to say. I may not even leave this post up.

"Said she's sorry that she missed me, and she's been doin' fine. But I've run it back and heard her say those words a hundred times..."

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, one of "those" phone calls. They're exciting, scary, perplexing...everything rolled into one. Hope you get to talk to her. Maybe something wonderful will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff: Oh, I haven't posted what I wrote about you yet ;-)

    Carnealian: They definitely trigger a lot of different feelings.

    Lass: Watch where you tag me next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I think it is anyway. My mind wanders the same way quite often still. How I wish he would call...

    TGIF! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brunette: Yes. Strange. Sometimes. Confusing. Sometimes. But irresistible. Not sure what I'll do. Answer, I guess :-)

    Blonde: Thanks. It's no big deal really, the more I think about it. Like to keep up with her too, know she's OK.

    Erica: Yes! Friday. Good. Friday very good!

    Lindsy: I had chicken fingers and fries. And sweet tea. Good luck on your new job!

    ReplyDelete