Friday, July 23, 2004

Dropping like flies

Whenever someone asks me to do something, I'm always reminded of something my Dad told me a long, long time ago. He said, "Son, I have more procrastination in my little finger than you have in your whole body. So if I say we'll go to the park tomorrow, that doesn't mean we'll actually go tomorrow. You remember that." I had no idea what procrastination meant back then, but I knew we weren't going to the park anytime soon.

Well, practice was cut a little short last night. The guy over the park never showed up to turn the lights on, so around 8:30, playing the outfield was getting to be a bit scary. We lost at least one player last night, the guy who was hitting fungo. He hit one and I forget where it went, but when everyone turned around, he was down! He was on the ground, writhing in pain. He had this big brace on his knee, and so I think he reinjured that. After a couple of minutes, he got up and limped around. He said, "Well, that's it for me guys." I'm not sure if he was talking about for last night or for the whole season, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the season. Then later, another guy pulled a muscle or something and sat out the last half hour or so.

When we were going out for fielding practice, the coach was like, "Well, we want JT (that's what they all call me) in left field, we know that for sure." So I'm hoping that's a good sign that I'll get to play. Then again, not everyone was there last night, so we'll see. We don't practice again until Tuesday. I think the season starts August 10th.

Post-edit: Did anyone see the Jeopardy guy, Ken Jennings, on Leno, last night? Wow, that was quite possibly the least entertaining interview I have ever seen. That guy has the personality of a sign-post. And if he somehow ends up hooking up with Julia Stiles, argh, there's gonna be trouble in Trebekville. Afterwards, I was watching Kilborn and I thought that Ken sort of looks like a dorkier version of Craig. Like if Craig had been in Back to the Future and traveled back to the past and his dad had not stood up to Biff, he would've ended up as Ken. Too much late-night pondering, no?

"He shivers at the memory and trembles as he stirs. Some folks think it's him, but me, I think it's her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment