Thursday, July 08, 2004

Snake Charmers and First Grade Friends

Let me say this: Any news story that contains the phrase "common-law husband" is bound to be interesting. I heard one yesterday afternoon on the radio as I was coming out of my temporary coma.

Yes, I got a nice, much-needed two-hour nap yesterday. Had a singing service at church last night. Then did the usual Wednesday night thing, my own virtual real-life game of Paperboy. Looks like I have been volunteered to help film the Vipers Saturday night. I just found that out reading K's blog. lol It's a coincidence, too, because last night I kept having bad dreams and waking up after each one, and in one of them a snake bit me on the wrist. I think it was a cobra though. Oh well, a night with the Snake Charmers. I suppose it could be worse ;-) They're just so distracting and all. What? I'm sure we'll end up hanging out with them at the post-game party and probably going to the Jazz Factory to shoot some pool... or, just go to the Jazz Factory by ourselves. Whichever. WOOOOOOOO!

Here's something we were talking about over the holidays:
I remember the first few years of school, I would have different friends each year. I never kept the same friends. As a matter of fact, I could barely remember who my friends were from the year before. Summer is a long time when you're six years old. I just kind of made friends with whomever happened to be in my class that year, sort of like a friendship of convenience. "Oh, you like to color? I like to color, too. We should be friends." Then as I got a little older, I began to keep the same friends from year to year. Is that the way it was when you were young? Maybe it was just me. Maybe I was just too emotionally detached when I was six years old, after the incident and all. What? I never really got in touch with my emotions until I was... hmmm. That's odd. Oh well. Whatever. Well, there is really no point to that story. I was just thinking, that's all. These are the kinds of things that run thru my mind. It's not easy.

OK, Will Ferrell is about to be on Regis & Kelly. More later...

"We always say, it would be good to go away, someday. Yeah, but if there's nothing there to make things change, if it's the same to you, I'll just hang..."

No comments:

Post a Comment