Sunday, July 11, 2004

Blogger Burnout

Bloggers Suffer Burnout

(a couple of excerpts)
"Several bloggers contacted for this story noted that their readers seem to look at their regular, consistent posting patterns as somewhat akin to a sign of physical health. And any break in that pattern is sometimes seen as a cause for alarm."

"I definitely get burnt out," he said. Sometimes "I'll go through the week and I'll go, 'Wow, that was a really bad week.' I haven't found a way to control it, to be honest. Either I'm on or I'm not on. I can fake it and maybe people don't notice it, but I know it when I'm not at my best."

Exactly.

"Remember me when you're out walking. When the snow falls high outside your door. Late at night when you're not sleeping, and the moonlight falls across your floor. When I can't hurt you anymore..."

2 comments:

  1. No pressure!!!

    Sorry you feel empathy with those suffering blogger burnout. I'm sure no one intends to pressure you into feeling as if you HAVE to blog. It's just fun...for us...and hopefully for you.

    Take care!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hate not to post at least once a day. Sometimes I get IM's or even phone calls asking why I haven't blogged. lol Sometimes I blog and I feel really good about it, and then other times I feel like it was just a nothing, boring post. But I guess everything has its ups and downs. Thanks for reading :-)

    ReplyDelete